Part 10

Porchay remained in and out of consciousness for two whole days before he finally joined the waking world once more. If Kim were asked he would confidently say that those two days ranked in his top ten worst life experiences right underneath his mother's death and Tankhun's last kidnapping seven years earlier. That being said, his family would attest that coming off those two days Kimhan Theerapanyakul was a different person. Chay's every desire—were it within his power to grant—was seen to immediately.

It was late that first afternoon after Chay had fully awoken and maintained consciousness that Kim had prostrated himself before the little omega and professed his profound affections as authentically as he could.

"Chay—" Kim's voice began only to be choked up with emotion, "there will not be a day for the rest of your life that I won't make sure you know how much I love you."

Porchay's doe eyes widened in awe at Kim's sincerity. His heart fluttered at alpha's unexpected display of humility knowing the extent of Kim's power and influence.

"P'Kim—"

"No," Kim interrupted, "don't say anything, please. Just listen. If I don't get this out, I might never say it."

The doe eyed little omega nodded his head, mouth softly parted in wonder at Kim's behavior.

"You've only had a tiny glimpse of your brother's world—my world—and you already wanted to run for the hills. When I first brought you home all I wanted, truly, was to protect you and take care of you. For that reason, I gave you back to your brother and never intended to look back. Not because you aren't worth it," he backtracked noticing the tiniest shift in Chay's scent. The omega immediately radiated a sense of sadness at the thought of being left.

"Knowing the life I lead, the world I live in, Chay, I didn't want to subject you to it," the alpha explained. "Sure, it looks glamorous and privileged, but the price tag is so high. My mother paid it with her life, my aunt paid it with her life, hell Tankhun paid it with seven kidnappings and mild case of agoraphobia. This world is dangerous, and I wanted to protect you from that."

Chay nodded from his position on the bed, but couldn't resist opening his arms and beckoning for Kim to come closer. Not wanting to cause any further distress to his mate, Kim obeyed. He crawled into Chay's arms and pressed his face to the swell of the omega's belly.

"I know now—" Kim began before his voice trailed off to press a kiss to the mound of their child safe and secure in Chay, "I know now that I would never truly have been able to leave you behind. Our fates are tied together in so many ways, Chay. I thought you were free and safe only to find you again at the University, I tried to leave you again, knowing what kind of dangerous life you could live only to walk out on my pregnant mate not knowing how much I would need you. These last few weeks without you made me realize that there is nothing in the world more important that you and our baby. I will end anyone who tries to harm you, and I will make our home, this city even the safest place possible to you. I will ensure that not a single person from my world would ever even dare to cross me and threaten you. I can't—I won't live without you."

Holding Kim close to him, Chay carded his fingers through the alpha's hair absentmindedly the rhythm and movement serving only to give his hand something to do as he thought about what to say in response.

"I've always been an unlucky person," Chay finally told him, "but I think that it was because all my luck was meant for me to meet you."

Kim felt his heart swell at his omega's words, "I think the lucky one here is me, Chay. You are far more than I could ever deserve in this life." Content for the moment, Chay scooted down in the bed until he and Kim were eye to eye.