Chapter 4

It's been a week since we arrived in Michigan. Today was the first day of training camp. I woke up excited. I threw my hair into a bun and put on a matching light brown workout set. I also put on grey sneakers.

I brushed my teeth, put deodorant and perfume on, and grabbed my backpack

I brushed my teeth, put deodorant and perfume on, and grabbed my backpack. I headed downstairs where I saw Alex, Jack, Quinn, and Luke all eating breakfast.

"Hey, Lils," Jack said.

"Hey, Jackie," I said shooting him a smile as I grabbed an apple and a banana. I grabbed a pre-workout drink and water.

"You aren't gonna eat before?" Quinn asked confused.

"She never eats before training," Alex told them as there was an honk was heard from outside.

"Banana and apple will be just fine. Thanks for worrying about me Q though." I said kissing his cheek before heading to the door. I picked up my hockey bag as I opened the door. "See you, boys, later. Love you." I called them as I headed to Maeve's car.

"Good luck!" I heard a voice yell to see Trevor heading towards my house.

"Same to you Trev," I called at him as he winked at me as I got into the car.

"So what was that?" Maeve asked me smirking as we drove off.

"Nothing," I said confused.

"That wink looked more than friendly." She said making me laugh.

"Shut up," I said making her laugh. 

It was a short drive to the rink. When we got there we headed inside. Our coach Joel had us do some stretching before we did some conditioning off the ice. We did sprints, ran a few miles, and did some weight lifting before we had a break. We all had lunch together where we were all able to catch up and greet the new players who joined the team. After lunch, we got to put our pads and skates on and did some more conditioning on the ice. We finished around 3:30. They had taken photos during it and our social media coordinator had sent them to the group chat so we could have them if we wanted them. When we went to the locker room, I body-showered and changed into a plain red bikini, a t-shirt, running shorts, and flip-flops. I knew that I would go swimming when I got home so I just body showered. I threw my wet hair up into a bun.

"All right ladies, great practice, go ice, rest up and enjoy the rest of your day. See you again tomorrow. We have our scrimmage against the boys next weekend, remember!" The coach said before he dismissed us.

"You ready?" Maeve asked me.

"Yes. I am. I want to dive into the pool so bad." I said as I picked my bag up. "You wanna come over?" I asked her.

"Is Cole gonna be there?" She asked me giving me a small smirk.

"Probably," I told her.

"Then I'll come." She said making me gasp.