Background

My name is Lily Turcotte. I am 20 years old.  My brother is Alex Turcotte, he's 21 and he's a professional hockey player. He plays for the LA kings. I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin where I am the captain of the team. I also play for the women's USA team. I actually got the last goal to send us to overtime and got the last penalty shot to secure us the gold. That was one of the best days of my life. I'm spending the summer training in Michigan with the girl's USA team. My brother will also be training with the men's USA team. We get to spend the summer together and I am so excited because we don't get to see each other much. In my house, it was my mom, my dad, me, and Alex. My three other siblings aren't with us. Also, we were sharing with the Hughes so we were with Jack, his brothers Quinn, Luke, and their mom Ellen and their dad Jim. All the players for the boy's team were sharing a house, two or three players each. Next door was Trevor Zegras, and his family: Ava his sister, Griffen his brother, and his parents Julie and Gary. He was sharing with Cole Caufield (my best friend), his brother Brock, and his dad Paul. All the other boys were close by. The only one of the boys I have seen recently is Cole because we go to the same school. Other than that I haven't seen any of the other ones. I have been keeping up with all of them but not in person.

Now I'm sure I know what you are thinking....me spending an entire summer with super hot hockey players. Well yes, very excited about that but I see basically all of them as brothers....except for one. Trevor Zegras had my heart for as long as my brother has known him. He's one year older than me. He was my first kiss when I was 11 and he was 12. He plays for the Anaheim Ducks in California right now, and I won't lie saying I watch a lot of his games. The last time they all saw me was when I was 18, I had acne, wore my glasses often, and was a little on the heavier side. Now, from all the training I have done, I have lost that weight, gone to the dermatologist for my acne, started wearing contacts, and figured out what fashion was. I'm nervous to see them all again...but mostly Trevor.