Chapter 7

Today was my birthday, I was so excited. I got dressed in, these comfy white high-waisted pants, and a colorful sweater. I blew out my hair and did my normal makeup. When I came out of my bathroom, there were balloons on my wall. There were two daisies and five green balloons. In my room were the entire Hughes family and my family. They had a cake for me. Jack came over to me grabbed me and threw me jokingly onto my bed before they all started singing Happy Birthday. The boys sang as horribly as they could to make me laugh which I did the entire time they sang. When they were done, I blew out the candles and they clapped and cheered. 

"Come down sweetie and we can all have waffles and cake." My mom told me.  

"Okay," I said as they all started filling out. 

"Happy birthday sis!" Alex said pulling me into a hug. 

"Thanks, Alex," I said hugging him back. "So what's the plan for tonight?" I asked pulling away and looking at the boys. 

"What are you talking about?" Jack asked trying to play it cool. 

"I know you guys have something planned. You all are not slick." I said smirking. 

"We have nothing planned Lily!" Quinn said before they all quickly left the room heading downstairs.

"Dummies," I said before heading downstairs. 

Later: I had just gotten home from practice. The team surprised me by putting balloons in the locker room and we had cookies and they sang to me after we finished. When I got home my mom, Ellen, and Trevor's mom had made all my favorite foods for dinner. There were chicken cutlets, pasta fagioli, focaccia, oven-cooked veggies, and corn on the cob. I ran up to my room body showering, changing back into that outfit I was wearing earlier and then I ran downstairs. By that time the table was set. At the table was my family, Hughes, Trevor's parents, his sister Ava, his brother Griffen, Cole, his brother Brock, and his dad. I sat down between Alex and Cole, across from Trevor. We all started digging in and eating. My mom decided everyone should share their favorite story of me, some were so embarrassing, and some were really funny. When dinner was over we had some more leftover cake and then I was instructed to go upstairs, where I would find a black bag, and to open it, and put the outfit on. I headed upstairs into my room. I opened the bag to see a beautiful black dress. It was lacy on the chest, tight-fitted, and ended mid-thigh. I also found strappy black heels. I did my makeup first, a soft natural look. I put my hair up in a bun, leaving two pieces down in the front, and then I put on the dress. I slipped the heels on along with gold thick hoop earrings. 

When I had finished getting ready, I heard a knock on the door

"Come in," I called to whoever was at the door.  I sprayed some perfume on it as I heard the door open and close. 

"Wow." I heard. I turned to see Trevor looking at me. 

"Hi," I said blushing. 

"You look....wow." He said not being able to get words out.