Chapter 19

Today is the fourth of July. Since the Zegras' and I's rental houses had connecting backyards and two pools, our parents thought it would be perfect for hosting a Fourth of July party. Trevor, Jack, Alex, Quinn, Luke, Griffen, Ava, Cole, Brock, and I spent the morning setting up the backyards with directions, games, tables, coolers, and chairs. All of the families of the players of the girls' and boys' teams are invited as well as the coaching and training staff. Not everyone could make it but we have a lot of people coming. People will be showing up around 2. We will play games, swim, and eat dinner around 5:30, and then hang out until we go to the beach around 8 for the fireworks show. I started getting ready around 1. I decided on wearing a blue dress that ends mid-thigh, and white sandals. I wore a dark blue triangle bikini under it. I was sitting at the desk in the room. I added some product to my natural wavy hair and then tied it so it was half up half down. I pulled out a few baby hairs so it shaped my face. For makeup I just did mascara. As I was putting on chapstick there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," I yelled. I looked in the mirror to see Trevor walk in. "Hey," I said turning to look at him.

"Hi." He said as he sat down on my bed.

He wore a black Suns basketball jersey, grey bathing suit shorts, and flip-flops.

"Don't you look gorgeous?" He said smiling at me.

"Thank you," I said blushing as I got up and jumped onto the bed so I landed next to him.

"Your mom wanted me to come get you because people are about to start showing up."

"Okay," I replied as I snuggled into his side. He brushed the hair in my face behind my ear. "Do we have to go down? We could stay here together?" I whispered to him making him smile.

"I think our moms would be a little mad since our families are hosting this party." He whispered back letting out a laugh.

"Noooo." I fake whined as I hid my face in his neck making him laugh as he wrapped his arms around me.

"How about five minutes?" He asked making me laugh.

"Yes. Please." I said sighing into his arms.

After five minutes of Trevor playing with my hair, we decided we should get up and go downstairs when we went down there and outside to find a lot of our teammates already there.

"I'm going to go find the girls. I'll meet back up with you later." I told Trevor.

"Alright." He said kissing me.

I headed over to where the girls were. They were all sitting at a table drinking high noons, eating snacks, and talking.

"There she is," Emma said as I sat down next to Kelly.

"Hey, ladies," I said giving them a smile.

"Hey girlie," Emma said to me.

"So how's the apartment hunting going?" Maeve asked me.

"So I found a place yesterday. It's actually in the same building as Trevor and Jamie's apartment, which is actually how I found the apartment. And do you guys remember Lexie?" I asked as they nodded. "Well Lexie, has been living in Anaheim since she graduated from her job and her lease is up so I asked her if she would wanna move in together and she said yes."

Lexie was a year older than us. She played on the team at our school, she was really good too. She and I were probably the closest other than the three girls and I.

"That's amazing," Kelly said.

"Yeah, I'm so excited. We already started picking our furniture and everything." I said excitedly.