Chapter 18

It is the day after the draft. My phone was still blowing up with notifications from Instagram, and newsletters. We just got back home and I was supposed to meet the girls for drinks to celebrate. I decided to dress up. I left my hair natural with its loose waves and for my make up I just put on mascara. I put on a long-sleeved black crop top tied in the back. I then put on a high-waisted green flowy skirt that ended by my calves. It has a slit on my right leg that went up to my mid-thigh. I put on white Nike socks and a white high-top Converse. I put on some perfume before grabbing a black purse and my phone. 

I headed downstairs where I met Alex who said he would take me

I headed downstairs where I met Alex who said he would take me. My parents were out on a date so they were not here. We headed to the car and got in. We jammed to Taylor Swift on the short ride to the bar. The bar where I was meeting the girls was a little cute little local bar that had a few pool tables, some dart boards, a small kitchen, and a backyard where there are cars and cornhole games set up. It was my favorite place to drink here.

"I need to use the bathroom so I'm gonna head in and then I'll leave," Alex told me.

"Sounds good," I replied.

We got out of the car and headed for the door. Alex opened the door for me and when I walked in I jumped when there was a very loud surprise yelled by all of my friends, family, and my hockey team. There were gold, orange, white, and black balloons all over the place, along with the banner that said Congratulations, Welcome to the Ducks. Another one said Congrats on being the first female NHL Player. My hands immediately found their way to my mouth.

"Oh my god!" I said in shock.

My mom and dad were the first to walk up to me.

"Suprise honey." My mom said to me pulling me into a hug.

"How? Who did this?" I asked shocked as my dad pulled me into a hug.

"You have a very nice boyfriend who set this up." My dad said smirking at me and making me laugh.

I pulled away to see the boys all standing together, where my gorgeous boyfriend was standing laughing at something one of the boys said. I made my way over to them. Trevor's eyes met mine and he stopped laughing. He smiled at me which made me blush. He walked up to me meeting me halfway.

"You did this all for me?" I asked him.

"Of course I did. You deserve it." He said as his hands made their way to my face.

"You're so cute," I said smiling.

"I prefer dashing... handsome..." He joked as I rolled my eyes.