Chapter 9

I was getting ready for the date Trevor and I were having tonight. Our first date...I was freaking out. Alex and all the boys were out playing minigolf so it made us going on the date easier. I showered and shaved before getting out and drying off, and put lotion. As I let my hair dry, I looked in my closet for something to wear. After about fifteen minutes, I decided on a red dress that had spaghetti straps and ended mid-thigh. It was tight-fitting and hugged my curves. Now that I had my outfit decided, I started on my hair. I decided to blow it out. I plugged in my Revlon brush and turned on Grey's Anatomy on my computer so I could watch it while I did my hair. It took me about 30 minutes to do my hair. I am not a huge fan of makeup so I decided to just do lotion, mascara, eyeliner, and then chapstick. I put on two gold necklaces, and I slipped on black strapping heels.

When I was done, I sprayed some perfume on it

When I was done, I sprayed some perfume on it. I heard a knock at the door as I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. At the door were Ellen and my mom.

"There she is. Look at how cute Trevor looks, honey." My mom said.

"Mom," I said blushing in embarrassment.

"Look he brought you flowers, isn't he just the little gentleman." Ellen gushed as I walked to the door to see Trevor who was blushing.

"Guys, thank you but I think I have it from here," I said giving them a look.

"Oh, we have embarrassed her. Let's go, Ellen." My mom said pulling Ellen away as they laughed. When they were out of view I turned back to look at Trevor.

"Hi," I said smiling at him.

"Hi." He said smiling back at me.

"You look beautiful." He said like he was out of breath.

"You don't look so bad yourself Zegras," I said as I looked him up and down. He was wearing a black long-sleeved button-down shirt, black pants, and brown shoes.

"These are for you." He said handing me white flowers.

"They are so pretty. Thank you." I said blushing.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said as I shut the door. He walked me to the passenger door and opened it for me. "Thank you," I said as I got in.

He ran around to the other side of his truck and climbed in. He had country music playing which we both liked.

"So where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"It is a surprise." He said smiling at me.

"Fine." I sighed as he laughed.

I started singing along to the music, as I felt Trevor grab my hand. He brought it to his lips kissing it, before resting them on my lap. It made me blush. Before I knew it, we pulled up to the spot that we had come to when we confessed our feelings to each other.

"I thought bringing us back to this spot would be romantic..." his voice trailed off as he blushed.

"I love it," I said leaning over and kissing him softly before pulling away.

He turned off the car, running to my side to open the door. I climbed out of his truck and he opened his back seat door, pulling out a picnic basket, and a blanket. He grabbed my hand and we walked down to the bottom of the dock. He let go of my hand and placed the blanket down. We both sat down and he started taking things out of the basket. He pulled out pasta fagioli, bread, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. He also pulled out two gingerales. All of these thing were my favorites.

"All my favorites?" I asked smiling.

"Of course. And my mom made the pasta and bread, I know how much you love her cooking." He said smiling at me before taking out a speaker from the basket. He turned on some slow music and then started dishing us out of the food.

"You played really well last night," Trevor told me making me smile.

"Thank you. You did as well. I loved your goal." I told him truthfully.

"So if you could have any dream come true what would it be?" Trevor asked me.

"To play in the NHL. Hands down. God, that would be amazing." I said sighing.

"I think you could handle it. You kept up with all of us so well in that game. Don't tell the guys but you truly are better than most of them." He said.

"I know and I just wished someone in the NHL would notice and recognize my talent," I said annoyed. "Anyways, what is your dream?"

"To stay in the NHL as long as I can. Hockey will forever be my only dream." He said honestly.

We ended up talking for a long time

Instagram Story