Chapter 15

Later that day:

All of our fans were going crazy over us posting about our relationship on Instagram, confirming that we were dating and that those pictures were true. Trevor was right in the fact that I'm happy we are out and we don't have to hide anymore. Currently, we are at the rink. We just watched the boys dominate Sweden 4-1. Now we were warming up. The boy's team was staying to watch us. We did the starting lineup and both the US national anthem and then Russia's national anthem.  

It was the third period, we were up by one. It was 4-3. Emma had the puck, so I was skating up with her. I looked over to her calling for the puck. When I looked up it was too late, one of their players hit me.... correct, trucked me. I folded falling down onto the ice.

"Have fun in the men's league, pussy." The Russian girl who just so happens to be their best player said to me.

I definitely had the wind knocked out of me as I couldn't get a breath in. I looked up to my left to see a fight broke out. I needed to get up. I don't care if anything hurts. I'm too close to the NHL to let a hit stop me. I closed my eyes for a second trying to get my breathing normal, and then I slowly stood up. I heard the crowd cheering. I saw our team trainer Jordan, making his way over to us. I started skating over.

"Lily, are you okay? You got hit really hard." He said as he turned and we both started heading towards the bench.

"I got the wind knocked out of me. But I don't think anything hurts." I said honestly.

"Okay I'll do a quick check on the bench and then you should be good."

"Okay," I said as I made it on the bench.

"How is she?" My coach asked worried.

"I'm fine coach," I said as I took my helmet off and grabbed a water.

Jordan started examining me. As he was checking my sides for any broken ribs Russia scored. The same girl that hit me scored to be exact.

"Jordan there are three minutes left. I need to go back in. I'm fine." I said putting my helmet back on.

"Is she good?" My coach asked Jordan.

"She's all clear," Jordan said making me slip on my gloves.

I signaled for a line change and one of the girls came racing over. I hopped off the bench and skated into their zone where the puck was. We fought for a while in their zone before one of my teammates shot the puck up the ice. All I could see was the puck. I wanted this goal so bad. I skated as hard as I could. I grabbed the puck with my stick. I had to skate around one of their players, passing the puck through their legs, grabbing it, winding up, and shooting it. It went in. I threw my gloves and stick up as the buzzer went off signaling the end of the game. My teammates started jumping on me and screaming. We did our celebrated by jumping onto the boards behind our goalie net before we skated to the center ice to shake hands with the other team. We did our salute to the fans before we got off the ice and headed to the locker room.

Our coach talked to us, and told us what we needed to improve on but also addressed what we did well. When the talk was over I headed into the shower and took the fastest shower. When I was done I changed into a hoodie and shorts and sneakers. I brushed my hair and grabbed my bag and stick heading to the lobby of the rink. When I walked out I saw Jack's family, my family, and Trevor's family standing there talking to each other.

"There she is. Ms. Superstar." My dad yelled making me laugh.

"Thanks, Dad," I said as he pulled me into a hug. Then my mom did.

"Good game honey. Are you okay? What did Jordan say?" She asked in concerned mom mode.

"She's fine mom. She was let back on the ice. Right Lils?" Alex asked me, pulling me into a side hug as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah. I'm fine Mom. I just got the wind knocked out of me." I told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked again.

"Mom. I swear I'm fine. Nothing hurts." I said smiling at her as she shook her head.

"Fine." She said dropping it making Alex and I laugh.

I went into a hug and thanked Jack's family and Trevor's family for staying and watching. My last hug was to Trevor.

"Hey." He said smiling and looking down at me.

"Hi," I said smiling back.

"Good game." He said hugging me.

"Thanks."

"Kids are you all going to drive back together?" Jack's mom asked.

"Yeah, we will all go in my car," Alex said referring to his SUV.

"Okay. Let's meet in the lobby of the hotel. We can try their restaurant for dinner it's supposed to be really good." Trevor's mom said.

"Sounds good Mom. See you there." Trevor said as we all parted ways. My dad took Alex's and I's hockey stuff in his car so we would have plenty of room. When we got in the car it was Alex driving, Quinn in the passenger seat, in the middle row was Trevor, Jack and then me, and in the back it was Ava, Griffen, and Luke.

"That hit was rough dude," Luke said to me.

"It definitely felt rough," I said as Trevor wrapped his arm around my shoulders so I leaned into him.

"What did she say to you?"

"Word for word, she said 'Have fun in the men's league, pussy.' I don't care though. Not to sound conceited but who's going to the NHL, her or me? Honestly was a sick hit, just wish it wasn't on me." I said making us laugh.

"Are you ready for the draft? Is it soon?" Jack asked me.

"I'm nervous but I'm ready. I can't wait." I said smiling as I thought about being drafted to an NHL team.

"You're gonna do great," Trevor whispered kissing my head.

We arrived at the hotel shortly where we met our families for dinner before we all went to bed.