Chapter 17

June 28th:

Today was the draft day. Since the tournament, I have gotten a manager, named Bella. She is awesome and she has done a really great so far. We are in Montreal, Canada right now. The draft is taking place at the Bell Centre, home to the Montreal Canadians. We were staying in a hotel.  Alex and I are sharing a hotel room, and my mom and my dad are sharing one hotel room. Currently, I was sitting in the chair that they have in the hotel rooms and I was having my hair and makeup done. I was having my hair blown out and a light natural makeup look being done. I was wearing a robe that the hotel gave out. I had music playing on the speaker that my manager brought for me. I felt my phone vibrate. 

(Text message conversation: In italics)

T<3: Hi babe.

Lils: Heyy

T<3: Wyd?

Lils: I'm getting my hair and make-up done right now.

T<3: Are you excited?

Lils: I am nervous but really excited

T<3: You will be fine. You are a fucking amazing hockey player and whichever team you get drafted to will be an amazing opportunity. You are also making history right now so live in that. You are going to show all the other little girls who want to play hockey that they can make it too.

Lils: So now I want to cry. Thanks for that buttface.

T<3: ofc. We are all going to the bar so we will be watching and cheering you on.

Lils: They just finished my hair and makeup so I have to go get dressed. I will call you all after it is over.

T<3: u got this babe!!!

Lils: <3

I put my phone down and thanked the make-up and hairstylist.

"Go put your dress on Lily. We have to be at the rink in half an hour." Bella said to me.

"Okay," I said heading to the bathroom.

I walked in there shutting the door and took my robe off. I slipped on my dress. It was a black dress that hugged all of my curves. It had spaghetti straps and a slit that went up my thigh on my right leg. I put on black heels and I kept on the necklace that Trevor got me.

When I walked out of the bathroom Alex and my dad were there now dressed in their suits and my mom was there in a flowy red dress

"You look so beautiful, honey." My mom said with tears in her eyes as she hugged me.

"Mom I haven't even been drafted yet you can't cry yet," I said laughing as I hugged her back.

"I'm going to be emotional all day you are just going to have to deal with it." She said sniffling as she laughed.