30

Although he was tired and needed a long sleep, Naruto had not rested. He could sleep during the night and he wouldn't be against using pills to force his mind to rest. The situation he had to deal with the now that he was back was troubling him. Mikoto was still pregnant and he still had to face the harsh reality of his teenage fun. It was no longer the time for regrets; he had to think about how this was going to influence his life.

It was really going to change things in this life.

It was safe to say that he would have to rethink his life strategy because he now had to accommodate the child Mikoto was carrying. it hadn't been part of the plan but he had to include it. He wasn't that of a horrible person that he'd wish for something bad to happen to Mikoto so that he could hide the results of his misbehaving hormones.

Yes, he was calling it that because it had occurred without him thinking it was possible.

He had been thinking of taking things slow or just ending them with the Mikoto, but how could he think about it now when this has happened?

"You're rather quiet today, Naruto." Kushina said to her son.

It wasn't often that he allowed his thoughts to drift off like this when they were having dinner. Naruto always gave his full attention when she was in the room. Something was going on inside his head. She wasn't going to ask much about what was wrong. If he wanted to tell her, he would tell her.

Naruto's eyes snapped towards his mother before a smile slowly formed his lips. "I had a long day. My body is still feeling the effects of the battle I had with the Akatsuki's leader."

A long battle it had been. Had the situation been any different, he may have been forced to flee with his tails between his legs. Nagato was strong, even though he was a cripple.

"You should have rested like I told you to." Kushina said.

"I wanted to spend some time with you." Naruto said with a smile. there was a chance that he would not have this time from tomorrow with what Mikoto was going to tell her.

Before he had visited anyone upon his return to the Hidden Leaf, he had gone to the Uchiha, just to clear up things.

If Naruto were to be honest, the reason he had gone there was to check if she was still pregnant. But he had ended up talking to her about the pregnancy and the need to break the news as soon as possible. It would be a problem if his mother learned about it from another source. It would be a betrayal. it was better to tell her. Naruto had agreed with the plan, but he wasn't going to do the talking.

He was just going to stand in the side lines and watch.

In this case, it was convenient for him to say 'it is better to give the adults time to talk'. Besides that, he could say he was all but just a foolish teenager who didn't understand things about life but only saw the world through his narrow and twisted angle.

"In any case, it turns out that the leader of the Akatsuki is an Uzumaki and someone Jiraiya had trained for three years. He called them the Ame orphans."

Kushina tilted her head to the side. "Oh, them." She said with a smile as the thought clicked. "He often spoke about them..." She said and then frowned at the implications of Naruto's words.

Someone that Jiraiya had trained had turned evil and that person was from her clan. It was just ridiculous to think about. Kushina never thought that anyone taught by the Sannin could turn evil. He may have his faults and flaws, but Jiraiya was a kind and peace-loving person. Surely, he would have drilled the thoughts of peace to his Ame students as he did with Minato.

"You don't have to worry, mother." Naruto said to his mother. "He is still alive and I left Jiraiya trying to get him back to the path of good. If things turn out okay, you might meet someone from our clan. For now, we know that there are two members still alive. We don't have to count much on Nagato because he is the leader of Amegakure, but with the one Orochimaru has, we can hope to get her one day."