Chapter 11: To good to be true

RAE'S POV- Two weeks later

"PLEASE, PLEASE STOP!" I scream.

They dunk my head in the water again. I can feel my lungs protesting, screaming for some air. They release me.

{cough cough} "Please, no more" I beg.

They just laugh. I've never experience anything like this in my life. I just want them to kill me...

"AHHHHHHHH"

"Wake up Rae, wake up, you're alright" I hear a soft voice tell me.

I wake with a start. I look around. It's still light outside. That's not what shocks me. Sitting next to me on the bed is Ashton with a worried face. Crap. I must have been screaming in my sleep.

"Sorry it was just a dream" I splutter. I could feel the sweat on my forehead

"It's fine. Are you alright? It was like you couldn't breathe" He mutters

"Yeah, I'm fine, sorry" I say

He looks at me with a somewhat worried and angry face.

"you don't have to say sorry, it's not your fault"

He looks at me. Here we go again. The awkward silence.

"Anyways, I just came to check on you, you've been hidden up here for two weeks." He says. For some reason, the fact that he came to check on me gave me butterflies.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I tell him. I still feel strange in this house, so I've hid up in my room. I'm still waiting for them to kick me out. God knows where I'll go then.

"I know that you can't go home yet for a number of reasons and I suppose you'll need more clothes and stuff, Lucy isn't so kind to give you her full wardrobe" he jokes." There's a room down the hall with all that for you" He tells me "Come on, I'll show you"

He grabs my hand and pulls me off the bed and I follow him down the hall. Luckily, the doctor said I don't need the crutches anymore. Although, my arm is still in a sling but my face doesn't look too bad anymore.

 As we go down, we pass Ron. He doesn't look at Ashton but gives me a disapproving look. I feel myself go red. Jeez, this man does not like me. Ashton notices.

"Don't mind him" He says.

I want to ask him why he doesn't like me but I don't bother. He opens the door to the bedroom down the hall. It's different to other rooms in this house. It looks more cosy and personal. It obviously belongs to someone. It contained a lot of white stuff and diamond lamps and chandeliers. Every thing seemed white and rich. It also feels cold, as if no one has been in it in a while. Before my mind consults with me, I splutter, "Who's room is this?"

ASHTON'S POV

She looks at me and frowns a little to herself as if she wasn't meant to say anything. I look at her for a moment, thinking whether I could trust her. What if Ron was right? What if she is a rat? Her face looks at me intently. There's just no way in this world she can be a rat. I don't know why I know this, I just do. There's something about this girl. I've met a lot of actors in my life, people who have pretended to be loyal when really they weren't, but this girl seems genuine. I wouldn't normally let a stranger stay here but I have let her. I decide to tell her the truth.

"This was my sister's room, Bella." I tell her.

"Was?" She asks questionably. Once again, her face betrays her. She looks like she wished she had never asked.

"Yeah, she doesn't live here anymore. She... well... she betrayed me in the worst possible way" I tell her.

RAE'S POV