Chapter 27: I Guess Things Do Turn Out The Way We Want Them To...

ANDREI VENTTO'S POV

"Well? Has he agreed?" I demand

"Yes, but it comes for a price" Bella states

"Ugh, of course, how much does he want?" I ask. Typical fucking Italians

"It's not money that he wants" She says, plainly

"Well, spit it out for fuck sake, what does he want!" I shout. Bella jumps. I don't have time for politeness now, we are under a tight schedule if the rumours that Carlo Massimo is secretly dying are true.

"He said that when we succeed in killing my brothers and their loyal little followers, we have to agree to let him become the new leader" Bella replies.

"Hmmm, let him become leader?" I think for a minute.  "Ok, I see no harm in that. I mean, if he does anything to fuck this up we'll just kill him anyways, so yes, tell him I agree with his conditions"

"Of course, my love" She says, and walks out.

"Well!" I shout to the gang. "Who's up for a little trip to Italy?"

Guess things do turn out the way you want them to...

RAE'S POV

I wake up with the sun shining through the huge window. Ugh. I guess we both forgot to close the curtains last night. I look up at Ashton but he's still asleep. I get up and decide to go in the shower to wake me up so I go over into my room.

ASHTON'S POV

When I wake up, I see that Rae isn't in my bed. I check my phone. Jesus, it's almost 11 in the morning. I quickly get up and get ready. This sounds so cringey but I'm excited for the day ahead, knowing that I'll be seeing Rae again, I know, cringey. 

Once I'm ready, I go over to her room. It's unlocked. Ugh, this girl needs to be careful around here. I go in but I can't see her. Just as I'm about to walk out, she walks out of her ensuite with dripping wet hair and a towel wrapped around her. Jesus Christ. She's like a Goddess. She jumps when she sees me. I can't help but scan her body. She's absolutely beautiful. Her face grows slightly red when she notices. I smile. It's so easy to make her go shy.

"What do you want to do today my love?" I ask her.

RAE'S POV

I smile. I like how he called me his love, it made me really happy. Because that's what I am. I now know for definite that he loves me just as much as I love him and I've never been happier.

I put on my olive green summer dress while he watches. I don't really feel shy about showing him my body, not now that we love each other. Ashton is not the type of man to judge me for all my scars and insecurities. 

In the end, we decide to go to the little village near by to look around and stuff. Lucy, Ron and Jake decide to come to. The weather is so beautiful, I looked so tanned, so does Ashton. We look like a normal, healthy couple, walking hand in hand along the village.

"Do you like it here?" He asks me

"I absolutely love it here" I reply, smiling. He smiles back down on me.

As we walk, Lucy runs up to me, laughing.

"Are you excited for your birthday tomorrow?" She squeals.

Birthday? No, it can't be. Now that I think of it, I've had no idea what the hell the date has been these last months, I don't have a phone.

"What? Birthday? What day is it today?" I ask, questionably.

"May 5th" She replies. "So, what do you want?" She asks. Ashton also looks down on me, ready for an answer.