Chapter 24: Nothing Will Be The Same...

RAE'S POV

I woke up with Ashton's arm snaked around my waist. I want to turn around but I don't want to wake him so I stay still, taking in the moment. I can feel his breath blowing against my hair. I love how peaceful he is. This night was the first night I've slept like a baby, without any nightmares.

"Are you awake?" He whispers. I love how he always says that. It makes me smile.

"Yeah" I say. I turn around to face him. He reached his hand and places a lock of my hair behind my ear. 

"You look tanned" he says

"Well, I did spend most of the day outside. I'm shocked I haven't burned first actually" I tell him. He laughs and kissed me on the forehead, making me go red. He continues to stroke my hair, staring deep into my eyes.

"We should get up, my uncle will be here soon" He tells me.

He goes back into his room to get dressed. I put on a red summer dress with little white flowers on and my little white pumps. I love it here. No bad memories, not bad weather, just sunshine and happiness. I smile at myself in the mirror and walk out of my door. Ashton stands outside, waiting for me. He looks at me with such a nice expression. I smile at him and we go into the big hall. On the way their, we walk passed his cousin, who I learned was called Luca. Him and Ashton nod at each other but don't say anything. He winks at me, I look away. I see Ashton clench his jaw as if he wants to say something, but he doesn't. He looks around and sticks his fingers up at him in a gun motion and pretends to shoot him when he had his back turned. I giggle. I love it when he's like this. Things seem perfect at the minute.

When we reach the hall, we see a black car drive up the road. Stepping out of it is a man of around fifty. He's wearing a suit of course and has dark hair with spiky bits of grey. For a small minute, he reminds me of Bill, making me shiver, but when he comes in, he's nothing of the sort.

"Ah, Ashton, it's good to see you again!" He shakes his hand then looks at me. "Why, who is this young, beautiful girl?" He asks.

"I'm Rae, it's nice to meet you" I say, shyly. He comes over and hugs me a bit tightly. 

"It is lovely to meet you too, Rae. My God Ashton, she's beautiful! Why didn't you tell me you have a girl?" He asks. 

I turn a bit pink, waiting for Ashton's reaction

"Sorry Carlo, I should have told you, we haven't been together long." He says, putting his arm around me waist. I look up at him, confuses. What the hell?

"Well, I've decided to host a little get together tonight for my return, and yours!" Carlo says.

"Lovely, we'd love to come, we'll tell everyone. You go and relax. I think Luca went to see if your room was ready" Ashton states.

"I'll see you youngsters in a bit then!" He says and walks off

Jeez, this guy was so cheery

When he is gone, Ashton finally speaks. "Sorry about that, but it's better if people here think we're together, they'll leave you alone then," He tells me.

"I don't get why your so worried. I understand there's some weirdos around  but surely not all of them" I laugh

He looks at me seriously "You'd be surprised, you're too beautiful for your own good" He tells me. My heart flutters. He's called me beautiful before but he was drunk so this time, it feels more real. His expression changes when he sees my face. I think he wishes he didn't say that. Oh well.

I leave to go and find Lucy. If there was a get together, I would need a dress. On the way there, I see Luca again. He doesn't see me though, he looks like he's on the phone.

"I know I want that but do you know the risk I'd be taking? We live by a code, you know that!" He whispers urgently.

Now I'm curious. However, before I can listen to anymore, Lucy comes over. He sees us finally. 

"Look, I'll ring you in a bit, there's too many ears here" He whispers more. He looks at us and walks the other way.

"I wonder what that was about?" I say to her suspiciously

"I have no idea. He's a weird guy. Anyways, have you heard about tonight!?" She squeals

I laugh. She is so predictable.

In the end, I end up picking a tight fitting dark red dress made out of satin. It is knee length and I wear small heels. Lucy helped me do my hair, I went with the classy bouncy curls. Lucy looks beautiful. She's wearing a green, off the shoulder tight fitted dress which has glittery sequences on, also knee length. I don't have my dress on yet as Lucy's doing my makeup. I'm just wearing a black, silk gown.

"There, you look beautiful!" She exclaims. "Here, these earrings would suit you to!" She places gold dangly earrings on my ear.

"Right, I'll leave you to get dressed. I'll just be down the hall!" She says. Once she has left, I go over to my dress to put it on. Just as I picked it up, I hear a soft knock at the door. Ugh. What does she want now??

I go over to the door and with a shock, I see Ashton standing before me. He looked even more handsome that usual. He had a black shirt on, jacket and pants .He looks at me in an awed expression, I go a bit red.

"Oh, I'm not wearing this! I was just about to put my dress on now" I tell him. The way he was looking at me made me think I was going out in my black robe.

"Oh right, I wasn't thinking that" He said, still staring at me. "I just came to get my tie, I left it in here" He says.

"Oh, ok" I open the door wider and let him in. He walks in, looking a little nervous. He picks the tie up from the bed and ties it around his neck. He clearly didn't know what he was doing.

"Do you not know how to tie a tie?" I laugh

He looks a bit embarrassed by this. "I know, it's ridiculous. Ron always has them tied and ready for me but I think he's gone down already" He laughs.

"For a man who wears suits everyday, not being able to tie a tie is a bit worrying." I laugh, mockingly. Why do I find this so funny, why am I so nervous and giddy?.

"Come here" I tell him. He walks over until we're inches apart. I reach up and tie his tie. I try to concentrate but my hands are shaking. I can feel his eyes staring at me. I feel my heart beat instantly fast at his close presence, the smell of his cologne intoxicating me. I look up at him when I'm done. The look he has in his eyes reminds me of something Lucy told me...

"Do you want to fuck me?" I whisper. Oh. My. God. Did I seriously just say that out loud? For a split second, his expression flickers to shock, as if he's surprised by my sudden openness, but then his expression returns.

"Yes" he whispers back. At the same time, as if we could read each others mind, our lips crash together. This wasn't like the other times. This was not gentle or soft. It was rough and passionate, as if we can finally let go of ourselves. 

He grabs my waist and I snake my arms around his neck. Without breaking, he pushes me up against the dresser and swiftly lifts me on on top of it. His hand starts sliding up my thigh while the other grips my waist dominantly, keeping me locked in his grip. He pulls my underwear down and I unbuckle his belt. 

"Are you sure?" He whispers. "Nothing will be the same after this"

I knew what he meant, but I didn't care. I've never wanted something so badly in my entire life.

"I'm sure" I whisper...