Chapter 36: Ring The Bells

RAE'S POV

As you can imagine, the next couple of days were a total blur. As soon as we left his office, we went into our room and he fucked the shit out of me. The next morning, the first person I ran to was Lucy. Turns out she knew all along. Of course. We both started crying and I agreed to let her plan my whole wedding.

"But, they are a few rules" I say.

"I know, I know, don't go overboard on invites, let you choose the dress and get it done as soon as possible. Am I right?" She says

I look at her in shock. "Perfect" I smile. "Don't worry, I'll let you choose the bridesmaid dress" I tell her.

She looks at me with tears in her eyes. "You mean I can be your bridesmaid?" She whisper.

"Of course!" I laugh. "But I think you'll be the only one, it's not as if I know any other girls."

That got me thinking to maybe inviting Mrs Berry. I would obviously pay for her ticket here. But I stop. Her life is fine the way it is without me introducing a whole clan of mafia gangsters to her. 

I've never really been the type of person to think about weddings. Of course, I always hoped I would eventually get married one day, but I've never sat down and planned every detail of it.

"Right, it's June 6th today" Lucy says, "Why don't we aim for July 6th, exactly a month away?"

"What? A month? There's no way you'll be able to do it for then!" I say to her.

She smiles, "We'll see!" and winks.

ASHTON'S POV

"Wow, you's are getting married? Took you long enough" Ron grunts

"Yeah well, it's done now" I say

"Congratulations, mate" He grunts

Wow, he sounded so unenthusiastic. 

"So, when's the big day?" He asks

"Lucy assures me she thinks she can get it done in a month, whether I believe her, well, we'll see" I tell him.

"Of course she'll get it done, you know what she's like. Well, at least I have an excuse to come over now" He grunts

"Who said you were invited?" I joke

"Well, who else is going to be your best man?" He grunts

 "Only you could fulfil that position", I laugh. "If the wedding's in a month, why don't you come back in three weeks, then you can stay for a week?" I say

"Sure thing boss" He grunts

"I'll speak to you later then" I tell him. We say bye to each other and I put the phone down. I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in" I shout.  In comes Ariana, wearing a mini, tight red dress, showing a lot of cleavage with her hair polka straight. For fuck sake

"I heard you were getting married?" She asks. I thought Lucy wouldn't be able to keep it a secret any longer.

"Yeah I am" I reply coldly. She comes closer,

"I thought, maybe, now that your going to be a married man soon, you'd want to take the last opportunity to say our last goodbye" She whispers.

"Nah, I'm good thanks" I tell her, coldly again. She doesn't listen. She walks up right in front of me until we're inches apart.

"No body would have to know" She says, "It can be our little secret" She whispers. 

Now, I would never actually hurt a woman, but she was really fucking annoying.

"Yeah?" I say, moving closer to her. Her eyes light up. I grab her by the neck, softly, our lips almost meeting. Then, I pull out my gun and aim it at her neck, tightening my grip.

"Now, you listen to my Ariana. I never liked you. You were just some desperate little whore who I liked to fuck once in a while when I was bored. If you ever try something like this again, I will pull this trigger, do you understand?" I snarl

She looks at me with fear and anger. I let go of her and she gives me one more dirty look then walks out, slamming the door behind her. Well, at least that was sorted.

RAE'S POV

I walk out of my room to go and find Ashton and I bump into Luca. He looks different lately, he looks almost ill, as if he's stressing over something. Doesn't stop him from acting like a dick still...

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the one and only Mrs Massimo!" He laughs "Come on, give me a look"

Before I can even say anything, he grabs my hand and looks at the ring closely. I snatch it away from him.

"Someone's not being very friendly now, are they?" He laughs. "I guess we're family now, so we better start acting like it"

"No, you better start acting like it" I tell him coldly.

"Aw, don't pretend you don't love it. I know you want me just as badly as I want you..." He says, bending his head down close to mine, then he kisses me. I'm in total shock I sort of froze for a second. I pushed him off and he laughed, so with all the power I could muster, I slapped him right across the face. Ouch. That felt good. The sound echoed throughout the corridor.

"Ow." He said, rubbing the side of his cheek. Then he looked down on me with a furious expression. "Who the fuck do you think you are? Do you know what I could do to you!" He threatened.

"Please, you hold no power here!" I say to him, "You're nothing!" I shout at him. I barge past him and walk away from him. I'm not going to lie, my hearts pounding from fear. I wanted to turn around to see if he was going to run up and attack me but I wouldn't let him see how scared I was, so I just kept walking.

"Hold no power? We'll see" Luca mutters under his breath...

ANDREI VENTTO'S POV

"So, my little milaya devushka is getting married?" I say.

"Yes my love, my cousin has just confirmed it" She says in a shaken voice. I look at her. Something was off about her. Perhaps she was starting to see my true colours and wanted to escape. I laugh. As if she would dare. I would give her a fate worse than death.

"Do you know when?" I ask.

"No, my cousin doesn't know yet, not much has been said. My brother, well, he doesn't... he doesn't really trust Luca I don't think. They've always hated each other." She mumbles, quietly.

"Hmm. Good. We need him to keep that hatred if we are going through with the plan" I say

"You have a plan?" She asks, "What is it?"

I laugh. "Do you think I'm going to tell you? Do you not think I've saw the way you've been looking at me lately? Do you not think I can't see the doubt in your eyes? I mean, why would I trust you when you turned against your own brothers?" I demand

Her eyes fill with tears, "You think you can't trust me? I gave up everything for you, I love you with my whole heart" she cries.

"Yeah, and that was your mistake, not mine." I say. I get up and go to walk out. Mid turn, I stop. No, I had to play this smartly. If I turn on her now, she could go blabbing. I turn back around and walk towards her. She cowers slightly. I cup her face in my hands and wipe her tears away.

"I'm sorry, my love, I do love you, I'm stressed that's all. I need you in this" I whisper to her.

Her eyes light up. She reaches up and kisses me. When we release, I smile at her then I turn back around and walk out, rolling my eyes. Ugh. She's so pathetic. Doesn't she know I don't love anyone? The only thing I loved was power. And soon, I will hold it all...