Epilogue: Three Years Later

Tee sat down on her favorite rocker, then handed Britt's tea to her before settling back in her seat with her apple cider. She was just about ready to take a sip when there was a crash at the front door around the corner to the living room, then Cian Junior came running inside. He was covered in small blades of grass and smiling from ear to ear. Now having grown to the age of seven, he was even more energetic than ever, but seemed to have a strong sense of purpose.

"Tabi's new horse is awesome! Y'all have to ride it, mamas!" He ran to Britt and dove into her lap as best as he could, then lifted his little head, revealing the lovely dimpled grin he always bore so perfectly. He kissed Britt's growing belly as she tousled his hair, then rested his chin there as he talked. "He's a palomino, mama. So pretty! Can we get another when Mattie is born?"

"You think she'd like goin' for rides with us, monkey?" Britt brushed her fingers along his cheek and he leaned into her hand, never dropping his grin.

"Uh-huh! Oh!" He stood as a series of barks carried inside from just beyond the front door, then began backing out of the room. "Russel's frisbee got stuck on the roof and he's goin' nuts, Mama Tee. Keeps whining and following Tabi everywhere for pets."

"Alright, Junior. I'll go get the ladder and be there in a moment. Just let me make sure mama's good and settled." Tee replied as she stood and moved toward her wife.

Three years together hadn't been enough. It would never be enough in the grand scheme of things and Tee was more excited than ever for the next chapter in their story. Their living room was now filled with pictures of their little family, telling the story of their three years together and the promise of those to come. As Junior left with a kiss to his mother's bulging belly, Tee knelt beside her and set her tea onto the table between their rocking chairs.

She took her wife's hand and thought of their time together, marveling at the stomach resting within her palm as Britt placed her hand there. "Did you feel that?"

"Yup!" Tee put her other hand there and felt her eyebrows hit her hairline as she felt a series of rather hard kicks. "Wow, she's excited, ain't she?"

Britt beamed as she reached out and caressed Tee's cheek with her index finger so tenderly. "Darlin', she's always excited. Just like her mama."

Tee melted under her gaze and her words, jovial that no matter the time that passed, there would always be this intense electricity running throughout them both. "Both mamas. I think she gets her love of music from you, sugar."

"How so?" Britt covered one of her hands with her own.

As Tee intertwined their fingers and stared into her love's eyes, she replied, "She kicks a lot when you're playin' music, right?"

"Very much, yes."

"There's your answer. She kicks the most when you strum your guitar." Tee leaned down and rubbed her cheek along Britt's stomach, feeling more kicks along her face and smirking. "And when I do this. She's definitely our kid."

"That she is." Britt hooked her finger under Tee's chin and ran her thumb along her cheek. She glanced down at her stomach and rubbed her free hand along it as she spoke. Although, Tee could see sweat beginning to drifted down the sides of her face. "Since you're goin' to spend time with Cian, I'll go work on some more music in my office. Apparently, the artist really enjoyed my last song and would like me to consider singing a duet with her. I'll have to write--"

As Britt ceased her words without warning and seemed quite alarmed, Tee got closer and her panic flourished. "What is it? Are you--"

"Oh, whoa...!" Suddenly, Britt grabbed her belly and a wet stain flooded her hair, making her eyes widen. She lifted her head with a gasp. "Darlin', you need to get the truck."

"The truck... Wait! That's--" Tee stood and bounced on the balls of her feet with just as wide eyes, but Britt calmed ever so slightly. "Your water broke! Hospital! We need to get you to the hospital!"

"Yes, we do." Britt cautiously scooted to the edge of her seat and Tee took her hand, hoisting her to her feet. She was rapidly pulled into a tight hug and wrapped Britt up in her arms. As Britt pulled back, Tee gazed into her eyes and found joy, exhilaration and desire coasting across her features. "Are you ready, Tierra?"

Tee kept her arm around her torso and began escorting her toward the door and their latest chapter, kissing her cheek before saying the three words that bound them together through all parts of life and always would. "Till kingdom come."