11

I didn't lie when I said Nyota's life was in danger. For the past week, prior to the storm there has been three sightings of werewolves on my territory. Me and my pack warriors have never been able to get close enough to catch their scent let alone see who they were. To tell if they were apart of another pack or if they were random rogues that had heard about my pack and was curious to join. I wanted to place doubt on both assumptions but when it was reported her scent was coming from all three wolves it raised a few red flags.

The girl had been living out in the forest by herself for years before I found her. So how the fuck were there werewolves walking the outskirts of my territory carrying her scent?

Since then I have been trying to catch one of the cocky bastards to torture the information out of them. Ask them why they're carrying her scent and what the fuck did they want with her. But it nearly seemed impossible, they were fast, hid their scent well and covered their tracks.

I went ahead and doubled security around the entire perimeter of my land and with the newest members of my pack moving in I also had to focus on getting the new pack house completed.

But it became exceedingly difficult trying to focus on tasks when the one person clouding my mind was my goddamn mate. Between her and Cain they were driving me fucking mad. Nyota wanted nothing to do with me and Cain was angry with me for hurting our mate. Neither one of them wanted to speak to me after our chaotic fight that broke out but it gave me time to think about everything.

I knew very well that using my mate for my own agenda was morally wrong but if I was going to take back what was rightfully mine I was going to do whatever I could to make it happen. Blood Moon was going to regret stepping on my fathers toes and killing my mother. I was going to light the entire fucking pack on fire and watch them all burn.

I could taste the nearing victory on the tip of my tongue, knowing that the evil bitch that manipulated my father was going to die. The kind of pain I wanted to bring to her was enough for me to question my own sanity but I didn't give a fuck.

There was a large part of me that struggled to understand anything other than chaos. Any other feeling that I had was dull, nearly snuffed out when I came of age and began to change.

The moment I shifted into a werewolf I was just sixteen, my father thought that I was too soft for the kind of work he was doing and put me on the back burner until my time came. When I turned eighteen I began to notice small changes in my behavior. I stopped smiling, caring and no longer felt joy in the little things that I did. I found it extremely hard to be happy, my patience decreased and my anger soared through the fucking roof. I ignored those changes and while they slowly created a shit storm I drowned myself in me and my fathers work. I use my demonic powers to get me and my father to a steady place. A pack that had rose to a population of ten thousand rogues at the time and was still growing by the day.

I had finally became the man my father tried to pull out of me and together we created the pack I led today. And although I was strong, my strength and my anger were becoming uncontrollable and at some point I had even scared my own father. I raged out over the small things and destroyed anyone and anything that got too close for comfort. I had demon blood running thick through my veins after all. I was a half breed product of my father and mother who had managed to crawl her way out the depths of hell.

The difference between me and her was that she had others from her world that helped guide her. For me I only had my father who truly had no idea what kind of power his son possessed, the kind of evil thoughts that ran rapid through my head. And when he noticed he thought he could help me, save me from my own destruction. A path my mother prayed I would stray far from. He had never been so wrong and day by day I could start to see the hopelessness grow in his eyes.