12

"You've been a lot more quiet lately." Dylan comments as he takes a seat next to me. He casually chews on a peach swallowing the bits before tossing the pit to the side.

I had been sitting outside on the edge of the river alone. My feet are dipped in the tranquil flowing water while I watched some fish swim by. I just wanted some peace and quiet outside of Adonis's house. It was starting to feel suffocating, I didn't like the feeling.

I frown moving my feet back on the dry grass and watch as my toes sink into the grass. "You think so?"

"Yeah, usually you're upbeat and happy but you've seemed so sad for the past few days." Dylan pauses and looks at me his eyes searching my face. "What's wrong?"

I didn't know how to tell Dylan what was wrong with me. This whole secrecy thing with Adonis was killing me, I had no one to talk to my problems about. Faye couldn't know about Adonis being my mate and Zara had been really busy these days. I wish I could say something but the moment I asked Faye about rejecting my mate she asked me if I was mated to someone here.
I had to shut her down quickly and move onto another subject.

I didn't want her growing any suspicions.

"Nothing really, I don't have many things to do here and I'm not allowed to train with the others." Part of my answer is the truth. I had nothing to do here but sit and wait around for Adonis to find out what I was. I was scared though.

Scared that if he found out what I truly was he wouldn't accept me. That he would fear me and just like the others he would want to get rid of me. Send me to the shadow realm to suffer eternally.

"I thought you were going to ask Alpha Adonis if you could work at the daycare. I'm sure he wouldn't kind, they needs the extra set of hands."

"I haven't really seen much of him lately to ask, you know he's always working." I state solemnly. It was true that I hadn't seen much of Adonis, not since our fight.

After that day I locked myself in my room, I only came out whenever I needed food. Adonis has a lot of pain and hurt in his heart. He is corrupted by his own demons and until he was able to face or overcome them I knew he would never open up to me.

I want him to open up to me.

We were so much more alike despite what he thinks.

"How about I take you to the daycare to see the little ones. They always talk about you and how much fun they had when you were playing tag with them." Dylan offers with a grin. "And I know how much you love kids."

I perk up a little my mood lightening. "I would love that." I smile for the first time in forever.

"Good." Dylan gets up and holds his hand out for me. "Let's go."

I grab his hand and allow him to lead the way.

Once we make to the daycare Dylan presses a button, it buzzes alerting the daycare workers that there were people outside.

"Are you excited?" Dylan smirks when he sees the look on my face.

"Of course, I love kids!" I beam.

He laughs stuffing his hands into his pockets, "I do too. I want pups when I settle down some day or at least before I die."

"How long is the lifespan for a werewolf?"

"Ehh," Dylan scrunches up his face. "Alpha's tend to outlive multiple generations of his pack, they can live up to a thousand years. Regular wolves like me will only live a few hundred years at best. So I have all the time in the world to find my mate."