The Way of Water

3rd Person

The kids had just finished swimming, and now Aonung is calling the Ilu. Misheye's ilu Lisch swan towards him and rubbed her head on his chest while chirping happily. Misheye looked at the ilu fondly and began to pet her gently.

"Hey there, girl." He cooed, giving his utmost attention to his precious ilu, not noticing the looks of awe Lo'ak is sending his way. Both were knocked out of they're stupor when Aonung started talking.

"These are Ilu," The alpha gestured towards the sea creatures, "If you want to live here, you need to ride." He explained. Misheye was helping Lo'ak, and Tsireya helped Neteyam. Misheye petted Lo'ak's Ilu, making sure it is calm. the alpha looked at him, then at Lisch. "So. That's you're Ilu?" He asked, the omega smiled. "Yeah, this is Lisch, she's a girl." He explained as he pet Lisch while she nuzzled his stomach. "She's different then the others." Lo'ak stated, noticing she had different marking than the rest. Misheye nodded, "That's what makes her special to me." Then he let Lisch go play while he helps Lo'ak.

The omega gestured for Lo'ak to take his braid, "Make tsaheylu gently." he said, as he watched Lo'ak make a bond with the Ilu, the Ilu shook and breathed heavily, he shushed it, helping it stay calm as he felt the bond as well, "Feel his breathe, feel his strength." he explained, Lo'ak took a breathe "Hold here." pointing to the reigns. He heard the other boys making fun of Lo'ak's form, and sent them a look quickly shutting them up. Watching carefully, Lo'ak submerged underwater. He lost control of the Ilu, and his grip. He felt embarrassed as the others laughed at him. Misheye hissed at them and went to go check on Lo'ak.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked concern if Lo'ak had any injuries. Lo'ak smiled at the omega. "Yeah. I'm alright." He said, smiling warmly at the omega. Misheye nodded and looked up at Lo'ak's bright yellow eyes, taking the others hand in his own. "It's alright if you don't get it on the first try. You're only just learning." He said, trying his best not to sound like a hypocrite because he nailed his on the first try when he was four. "Besides. None of those skxawngs should be laughing, I distinctly remember all of them falling on their behinds when riding for the first time, and your no different." Lo'ak smiled, looking intensely at the shorter male, who looked down, face blushed. Misheye cleared his throat, "Well, let's go we will work on this later. All of you need to learn how to breathe." He said, calling Lisch and heading towards his twin.

Misheye and Tsireya were with Tuk as she was riding her Ilu. The former went ahead, and smiled when he saw Kiri making a bond all on her own, he felt the bond being made and it was amazing. She saw him and smiled, they began riding together. They saw Tsireya ahead, and she motioned for them to join her and they did. It was amazing, all of them were enjoying themselves, having fun riding together.

The girls, Neteyam, Rotxo and Misheye were now sitting on the rocks, practicing their breathing. "Breathe in..." Misheye instructed, inhaling air. Everyone followed. "breathe out." He exhaled. He looked towards Lo'ak. "Imagine an flickering flame, you must slow down your heart beat." He said, softly pressing his hands on Lo'ak's heart and stomach. "Breathe from down here." He said, then Lo'ak breathed in, looking softly at the omega, "Breathe out slow." The omega said, he exhaled. Misheye looked up at him, "Lo'ak, your heart beat is fast." He told him, Lo'ak apologized, "Try to stay focused." He said.

Tsireya, Rotxo, and Neteyam shared a look and laughed quietly. Kiri rolled her eyes and sighed at the blatant immaturity. Then they practiced some more.

They were back in the water in record time, and with vast improvements. The four were now riding Ilu and Lo'ak and Neteyam were getting better by the second. Misheye and Lo'ak went off on their own leaving Tsireya and Neteyam to themselves. They rode to the surface circling together, then Tsireya and Neteyam join. The twins looked at the boys proudly.