Miracle

PAIN

That was all Tsireya and Lo'ak could feel as they watch as Misheye's eyes close for what they believe is forever.

Tsireya broke down, she grabbed Misheye from Lo'ak's hold, "No, no, no, no..." She rambled on as she squeezed his head to her chest.

Neteyam was catching his breath and looked around in confusion. He was dead, right? He was sure he was dead. He looked down to his chest and noticed his wound wasn't there anymore. His eyes widened in shock.

"What happened?" He asked as he looked at Lo'ak and Tsireya. Lo'ak said nothing as he fell on his back and covered his face with his arm as he let out hard sobs and quiet pleads. "No, come back to me please, my love. I need you."

Neteyam didn't know what to do, he's never seen Lo'ak like this in his life. Then the older looked over to a sobbing Tsireya and his ears flattened at the sight of an unconscious Misheye, he then moved towards Tsireya, and put a hand on her back.

"What happened?" He asked again and Tsireya turned towards him with teary eyes, "He gone." She rasped out as she tried to pull herself together. Neteyam eyes widened and he shook his head.

"W-What do you mean gone." He says as he feels a familiar sting in his eyes. Misheye isn't gone, gone right, but the look on Tsireya's face said it all. He nodded his head and opened his arms to her and she crashed into them and sobbed on his shoulder, "That's let it all out." He consoled as he ran his hand up and down her back, with the other place behind her head.

Now after a few moments, Tsireya stopped cry and Lo'ak left to the boat to go help his family, it physically pained him to see his omega's limp body. Neteyam sat Tsireya up slightly. He put his hand on her face and moved her chin so that the two were making eye contact.

"What happened?" He asked and the younger alpha's face adopted a sad expression, "It was a ritual..." Tsireya starts, her voice cracking at the memorya, "...it is called the exchange of life." She explains and Neteyam silence was a cue for her to continue. She took a deep breath.

"And in order for you to come back, Misheye perform this ritual." She paused for a moment and looked at Neteyam with a sad smile, "But there is a price to pay. He gave his life so you could live." Neteyam's heart stopped at this information. Misheye gave his life for him, why?

He started hyperventilating a little bit, "S-So we can just do the ritual again, right?." He says as he looked towards the omega, he was about to got to his side until Tsireya grabbed his hand, "Stop, I don't even know the ritual like Misheye does, and besides even if I knew it, I couldn't pull it off because I'm not Tsahik." She explain, then Neteyam sat back down a look of hopelessness in his eyes.

His ears flattened as looked at his lover sadly, "You should hate me.." then he took her hand in mines, "...your other half is dead because of me." He finished as an array of tears fell down his face. Why shouldn't she hate him?

Tsireya sighed, "Neteyam, I can't hate you. This was Misheye's choice and we have to respect that." She took the alpha's face in her hands and brought it closer to hers, "I must admit, it would be easier be easier to hate you, but Misheye always said, 'What's the point of holding onto hatred if it makes you blind.' I never understood it until today." The younger alpha looked up into her mate's yellow eyes and smile. She slowly put her hand on his chest. "Don't be sad my love, he is with Eywa now and he will forever be in our hearts." Neteyam let out a breathy sob as Tsireya held him.

It was supposed to be him. Why Misheye?

...

After killing Quaritch, the family rode on Payakan back towards the rocks where Neteyam, Tsirya, and Misheye are. Neytiri looked to her side and her ears flattened as she sees the dead look in Lo'ak's eyes. She moved on the Tulkun to be closer to her son.