Chapter 4 - Getting to know Richard.

A few days later

It was the weekend and I was at Costas' house chilling out for a bit. Richard was there as well. Costas went off to get a drink. leaving things quite awkward in the room.

"So then T..." Richard began.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"How's things with you?" Richard asked me.

"Fine you?" I replied.

"Yeah not too bad, listen I was wondering..." Richard started before I interrupted him.

"Look, if it's a date you're after.." I interrupted.

"Oh OK then" Richard finished, looking down at the floor.

"I'm sorry but I don't like you in that way" I told him, trying to let him down gently.

"Why? What's wrong with me?" Richard asked me.

"Nothing is wrong with you and I'm sure you'll make a great boyfriend for someone one day" I reassured him.

"You reckon?" He whispered.

"Yeah I do because you might not be my type but someone else will find you attractive" I told him gently.

"Thanks" He answered.

"You're welcome" I smiled.

"Look, tell Costas I had to go yeah?" Richard added.

"You don't have to go because of me you know?" I explained.

Richard left and Costas came back from the kitchen. He noticed Richard had gone and looked at me.

"Why's he gone? What did you say to him?" Costas demanded.

"I think he wanted a date, I said no and he didn't like it so he's gone" I told him truthfully.

"Why won't you just give him a chance? He's more decent than most sixteen year old lads!" Costas shouted.

"I CAN'T date someone I am NOT interested in!" I yelled.

"Oh whatever T man" Costas replied shaking his head.

"Don't shake your head at me! I do NOT fancy Richard and WHEN I want a boyfriend I will NOT be coming to you for you to find me one so keep your fucking nose out!" I warned him.

"Fine" Costas mumbled.

"I'm going home anyway" I added.

"Fine whatever fuck off" Costas argued.

"Excuse me?" I replied, shocked.

"You heard" Costas repeated.

"You EVER swear at me again, it'll be the last thing you ever do!" I threatened him, before walking out of the house and slamming the door behind me.

I went home for a bit, I knew in my head I had no intentions of asking Richard out on a date. Deep down, even Costas knew I didn't like him in that way. Now I know how Richard feels about me, I'll try and avoid him a bit. We're barely friends as it is so I have no idea how he can feel this strongly about me.

A few hours later.

I got a bath and some food and Costas texted me later on. I read it and ignored it. All it said was:

From Costas:

T, I'm sorry :)