Chapter 5 - Birthday preparations and disasters. (part 1)

Two weeks later

It's my birthday in about three weeks. I'm having a party for my sixteenth, my Mum and Dad said no drinking but that won't stop me. After all, you're only sixteen once! Me and Richard started spending more time together and we're now friends. I'd decided to invite Costas, Richard, loads of my mates and I told the boys to invite their mates as well. This was going to be one hell of a party! There wasn't much to do apart from sort the venue, which I'd sorted - a club. We got fake ID's and hoped we'd get into the club, plus all we needed then was money, for the drinks. The party was sorted! I was at home alone and there was a knock on the door. I stood up to answer it to reveal Costas and Richard. I greeted them, then stood back to let them both in the house.

"Hey T!" Costas greeted me cheerfully.

"Hey Costas, hey Rich, come in guys" I smiled.

"Thanks T" Richard grinned, before they walked in and I closed the door behind me.

"So what brings you two here?" I asked them both.

"Nothing, we wanted to see you, is that a crime?" Costas laughed.

"No of course not, sit down and I'll get us some drinks" I told them.

I got us all some drinks and they spent the afternoon at mine, before mine and Costas' Mum's came home.

"Have you three behaved yourselves?" My Mum asked us.

"Yes Mum" I groaned.

"Anyway, come along Costas, we need to go home" Costas' Mum told him.

"See you Costas" I replied, standing up to hug him.

" I better be going as well" Richard announced.

"Alright well, see you soon Rich" I answering, before hugging him as well.

The boys left and I spent most of the afternoon in my room, listening to music and on the internet on my laptop. I logged onto Facebook and Richard's green light was next to his name on chat. I decided to pop up to him.

"RICCHHHHHH!!!!!!!" I typed.

"Jeez T ya gave me a right fright!" He typed back.

"Ha ha sorry! You alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah not too bad and you?" He replied.

"Yeah I'm good" I responded.

"So when is this party?" He typed.

"In about three weeks. You'll need fake ID and money because it's in a club" I told him.

"OK then" He answered.

"You up to much anyway?" I asked him.

"No not really you? :)" He mentioned.

"Same, it's boring. I might log off this and go out for a while, you fancy it?" I suggested.

"What like a date?" He typed back.

"No not a date, just us chilling out for a bit" I explained.

"Well yeah sure, let me just get my coat and stuff and I'll meet you in Camden Market in about twenty minutes?" He said to me.

"Yeah sure! :D" I replied.

I logged off Facebook (or at least I thought I had!) and met Richard in Camden Market. We went to a café, got some drinks and chilled out for a while, just talking.

"So how you doing?" I asked him.

"Yeah I'm good, I just want to say, thanks for sticking up for me the other day" Richard smiled.

"It's fine, I couldn't just leave you there" I admitted.

"Not many girls would stick up for a guy they barely knew though" He added.

"It's fine, honestly" I laughed.

"So what's it like? Having Costas as a cousin?" He grinned.

"Annoying, but you know, he's family so what can you do?" I expressed.

"True" He agreed.

I got a text from Costas asking if he wanted me to come round to his house. 

To Costas:

Me and Rich are at Camden Coffee house if you want to come?

From Costas:

Yeah I'll be there in about twenty minutes.

To Costas:

OK.

I locked my phone and put it back in my pocket before turning back to Richard.

"Costas is coming in about twenty minutes" I told him.

"OK cool" He replied.

Costas turned up twenty minutes later, just like he said.

"T, Richard!" He shouted cheerfully.

"Costas!" I greeted him.

"You cool mate?" Richard asked him.

"Yeah not bad, what you two doing?" Costas asked us both.

"Nothing, just chilling out" I explained.

"Cool" Costas replied.

 We stayed out talking and chilling for a bit, until Richard's Mum wanted him home. Costas walked me home and then he walked back to his own house. I still needed to save money for my Birthday party. Little did I realise what was waiting for me back at home....