2

Kakashi frowned. He had appeared at the bridge, expecting everyone to be there, but one member was missing: Naruto. Naruto was never late, something was wrong. Not even alerting his other students to his presence, he sped off to the blonde's house.

When he got there, it was quiet. He opened the unlocked window and jumped inside, looking about. The main room was empty. He went down the hall to the blonde's bedroom and opened the door slowly.

He blinked, seeing that Naruto was fast asleep, wrapped up in his duvet. Had he forgot to set his alarm?

He walked over to the bed, standing over the blonde. He frowned slightly, noting a faint flush to the boy's cheeks. He bent down and placed a hand on his forehead, raising an eyebrow at how high his temperature.

Just then, Naruto' blue eyes snapped opened and blinked up at him, shocked and a little confused. He then calmed down when he realised that it was his sensei. Kakashi cocked his head and said,

"You have a fever. You should stay home today. I'll send Shizune over to have a look at you later, okay?"

He watched as the blonde nodded, already dropping off to sleep. Kakashi had to wonder how Naruto became so ill over night. He shrugged it off before tucking the boy in and going off to his other two students. He appeared in a puff of smoke, startling the two. Sasuke quickly regained his composure, but Sakura screamed,

"What the hell! You're even later today!"

Kakashi's eyes turned into the upside 'U' to show that he was smiling.

"I came earlier, but I saw that Naruto wasn't here, so I went to check on him. He was really sick so I gave him the day off."

Sakura humphed, but decided it would be better if she just accepted the excuse given. Sasuke frowned slightly, but didn't say anything.

"Now, can you two make your way to the training ground? I have to go talk to Shizune."

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Tsunade yawned as she shifted through the papers piled up on her desk. It was only morning, and she was already tired. God she hated this.

"Hello, Tsunade-sama!" Came the cheery voice of Kakashi as he appeared in front of her. She looked at him, irritated.

"What do you want?" She snapped. Kakashi smiled at her and said,

"I was looking for Shizune. Naruto's sick and I wanted her to look at him."

Tsunade looked up, frowning.

"Naruto's ill?"

He nodded and said,

"He didn't turn up this morning, so I went to check up on him. I found him asleep wrapped up in his blankets. He looked rather cute actually."

Tsunade's frown deepened and she stood up.

"I'll go check up on him."

"But what about all this work you have to do?"

"It can wait. The only reason I took this job was because of Naruto, so he is my first priority."