7

When Tsunade arrived back at the village, she went straight towards the tower and sat down in her chair with a heavy sigh. She was so tired, yet she couldn't sleep. She smiled at the thought of holding her 'granddaughter'. She took out the camera she had used to take pictures of the tiny infant and placed it on her desk. She'll have to develop them soon.

Just then, the door opened. Tsunade looked up and blinked when she saw Shizune, who looked worried.

"How did it go?" She asked, coming further into the room. Tsunade smiled and replied,

"It was a relatively easy birth. No complications. Such a tiny thing the baby is, 3.9lbs! Ah, what a lovely thing a baby is. Oh, I have a mission for you. You are to go to them and stay with them for a couple of weeks, even longer if you have to. Just settle them in with the baby."

Shizune smiled and nodded eagerly, saying,

"I'll go right now."

She hurried out of the room, leaving the Hokage alone again. She looked at the clock, 7:30. It was almost time for her to start work anyway, so she might of well stay in the office. She sighed. She was hungry, but she was too pre-occupied to really notice.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Shizune silently opened the door to the cottage and peered inside. Jiraiya was sitting on the sofa with the baby along with his toad summon sitting on his shoulder. He turned around when the dark haired woman entered the room and smiled.

"Come meet the little angel!" He said. Shizune went over to the man and sat beside him, staring at the newborn. She smiled and took the infant out of his grasp. The little girl looked at her curiously, sucking on her thumb. Shizune took the thumb out of her mouth, causing the child to make a small noise of disappointment. She distracted the infant by tickling her stomach, making the baby giggle slightly.

"Where's Naruto-kun?" She asked.

"Asleep. Tsunade-hime told me to keep the baby quiet so that she wouldn't wake him up."

"I'll go check on him." She said, handing the baby back to the old man, who took her eagerly.

She stood up and went up the stairs and into the master bedroom. Naruto was asleep curled up in a ball. He looked rather cute actually.

She went beside him and spotted a small note on the wooden table beside the bed. She picked it up. It read,

Shizune,

Keep the baby occupied. Feed her and maybe put her to bed. But keep her quiet. She seems a good baby anyway, so I don't think she'll give you any trouble.

Keep Naruto on bed for a couple of days. He'll object, but tie him down if you have to. He needs as much rest as he can get,

Tsunade.

Shizune nodded slightly and put the note in her pocket. She checked over the blonde before going back downstairs. She went into then kitchen and stopped, frowning.

"Jiraiya-sama? Where's all the equipment I bought for the baby?"

"Oh, look in the cupboard above the sink. There should be a scroll in there. I decided that that was the safest place to store them."