9

Naruto scowled at Jiraiya as he had caught the old man trying to sneak out to do some 'research'.

"You promised to look after Suki-chan!"

"Did I?"

"Yes. Kyuu promised to train me. I asked you to look after her as I went training. You promised three months ago!"

Six month old Suki, sitting on the rug threw one of her soft toys in Jiraiya's direction. Well, attempted to, it didn't get very far, but you had to give her an 'A' for effort.

"See, Suki-chan agrees with me. You should act more responsible."

Jiraiya looked at Suki and then gave a resigned sigh, walking back into the cottage. Naruto watched with glittering eyes as Jiraiya settled himself on the sofa. Suki giggled and attempted to throw another toy at the sannin, this time succeeding in getting him on the head.

"Oi!" Jiraiya exclaimed, rubbing his head where the wooden toad figure, that Jiraiya had made her, hit him.

"Be good…Jiraiya!" Naruto said before walking out, shutting the door behind him, leaving the two alone.

They stared at each other, not moving. Suddenly, Suki gurgled and smiled, getting up on all fours and crawling over to Jiraiya. When she reached his feet, she sat down and held her arms out to him. The toad sannin picked her up and settled her on his knee. He looked at her and then grinned,

"I think we should start teaching you to speak. The sooner the better and you seem smart. Hmm, what word do you want to learn first…mommy?"

Suki cooed and waved her arms at him, which Jiraiya took as a silent yes. Jiraiya took a picture of Naruto from his pocket. He showed Suki, who stared at it, taking it from his grasp.

"This is a picture of your mommy…"

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Naruto shivered. He had a feeling that Jiraiya was up to no good. He narrowed his eyes, half tempted to go back and spy on the old man,

You are so overprotective…

Shut up Kyuu…you know what Ero-sennin is like…

You have a point there…

Exactly.

Wow, you came up with something smart for once…

Shut up! What are you going to teach me? Naruto asked as he looked about the clearing that he had found before sitting on a rock to listen to what the old fox had to say.

Well, I'll teach you some cool jutsus, but I'll also give you a sorry present from my… er… boredom rampage…

And that will be…Naruto asked suspiciously.

I'll give you enhanced senses for one and I'll also change your appearance a tiny bit so that they work at full efficiency.

Change my appearance!? Kyuu, haven't you done enough to my body!

They won't be that noticeable, apart from that fact that you may appear pretty…to anyone who cared to look at you…