✎ 2

"Why'd you act so impulsively?" Your mother snarled as she placed all sorts of herbs on your wounds. "Have I not taught you anything at all?"

At moments like these, you were glad that she was blind so she couldn't see the disgraceful look ridiculing your face.

The stinging pain on your injuries caused you to arch back your back. "Mom, it hurts!" She dismissed your complaints and placed her hand on your back, forcing you to straighten it.

"Shall it hurt, a deserved punishment for you."

It felt unfair to scold you when you only stood up for your family. She could place the herbs on your bruises as much as she'd like, but the thing that was the most bruised was your dignity and you mother could never heal that.

Another portion of pain embraced your body, but I wasn't the herbs that caused it. Instead, it was your mother. . . Smacking you over the head again. "You're just like your father!"

You blinked at her words confused. You didn't know if that was a light-hearted compliment or not, but based of the scenario that you were in right now, it probably wasn't.

You never even got to know your father, he passed away when you were just a baby. You didn't know the cause of his death or what was he like, mother avoided speaking about such thing.

"How was he like mom?" You questioned.

Your inquiry made her to pause her work and put the herbs aside for now. "Much like you dear," she trailed, her tone revealing the sorrow that she tried to suppress. "He was a fighter and was blessed by Eywa with strong heart."

Shortly after, she shunned the sadness out of her and the next time she spoke, it was her normal self attitude again. "But he was reckless, never listened." You silently awaited for her next words that you knew were going to be directed towards you. "And I am most unfortunate that you, my daughter, was born with a personality like his."

The silence lapsed, it was the silence that you grew familiar with. Your mother pondered her own thoughts, completely forgetting the fact that you were even here to begin with.

When she snapped back to reality, she roughly shoved a bucket into your hands. "Now go kid, fetch me some clean water."

"Yes Ma'am." You rosed from your seat and nodded your head.

·.༄࿔

He was much like you dear.

You heard your mother's words loud and clear. In a matter of a fact, it's been replying in your head like a broken recorder for quite some time now.

After you've left your Marui, you made your way towards the sea without any complications. The whole time you walked, the bucket in your left hand rattled.

Blessed with a strong heart.

After learning a mere pitch of information about your father, the image of how he possibly looked like took over your mind and soon enough it was the only thing that you could think of.

To be specific, you imagined your father to have scars on most parts of his body that revealed his bravery. Scary expression but sweet demeanour. Humble and the habit of sugar-coating all the scary things in this world.

It was hard to come up with anything else given that you had no description of him at all, but somehow it felt right to imagine him the way you did.

A big part of you believed that it was exactly how he looked like.

With thoughts like these running across your mind, you didn't even realise that you were already standing in the water. Just about knee-length.

"Friendless loser." The distant yell made your eyes narrow and stare into the distance.

You clicked your tongue when you saw Aonung and his little rascals circling around a girl, mocking her and calling her all kinds of derisive words.

"How do you even live knowing that nobody likes you?" The group parted, allowing Aonung swim forward on his Ilu.

I'll feed you to an Akula if you get in trouble.

Your mother words rang inside of your head. It tingled your confidence — your mother was not someone to mess with.

Aonung seized the girl's hand and brought it to his heart, a grin never abandoning his face. "Can you tell what it is?"

The girl was silent. Her thoughts were are a mess as she was having an inner conflict. A part of her was was finding this situation humorous while the other one wanted her to be embarrassed to be in this predicament.

Her breath hitched. "I suppose that that is your heart." She nonchalantly stated.

"Exactly." Aonung sternly responded. "How does it feel like to not have one?" His eyes laughed at her sour expression.

You recognised the girl. You'd always catch her dancing all alone. You believed that her name was Aíva, also known as — emotionless freak. Of course you weren't the one to grant her such nickname, Aonung was.

Probably because he was rejected by her. Countless times.

Aìva tossed the boy a hateful glare as she hissed through gritted teeth. "Nincompoops."

Such a weak word to describe those devils. As weak as the word was, Aonung and his friends still took a great deal of offence by Aìva's remark.

"What did you—" Aonung was about to snap back until his eyes flew on you.

Everyone followed his gaze and shortly after, all the attention was on you allowing Aìva to take her chance and walk away before they pick on her again.

"Well would you look at that." One of his friends snarled, recollection of today's events replied in his head. "Freaks really do travel in herds after all."

"Oh you don't mean it." You giggled, making him furrow his brow at your strange reaction. "You're only mad that you got beaten up by a girl. Accept the reality."

"Me? Beaten up by you?" He stifled a laugh which was more fake than the tattoo's on his body. "There's a fine line between the truth and ridiculous delusions."

You leaned in closer to him with your right ear. "Sorry what was that?" His face scrunched up. "I was too focused on that cracked lip of yours to actually listen to any of your ramblings."

His last straw had been reached, he was about to leap onto you to fight again until a someone's strong grasp stopped him, holding him by the wrist.

"Don't." Aonung ordered. "You wouldn't want to hurt a girl, would you?"

The boy stared at him confusingly before hardly shaking off his grasp. "Whatever." He hissed, casting a burning stare towards you. "You're lucky that he saved you, if it weren't for him, you'd have no hair on that stupid egg-shaped head of yours."

You merely shrugged you shoulders. "Whatever you say."

You turned around to walk away but before you did, you delivered them a smug smile. "Pussies."

Now as you walked back home, you had a tail chasing after you the whole way back.