✎ 4

How would you react if you met the person from your dreams? Hug them tightly? Befriend them and open up about how eager you were to finally meet them? Or maybe you'd do all of the listed?

Though not you dream boyfriend or girlfriend, but literally a person from your dreams. The one that you've dreamt about for countless nights and the one that haunted your mind like it's shadow.

This was exactly your case. Although you can't say that you were thrilled by the idea of finally seeing the boy in person.

You mustn't fall in love with that boy.

As your eyes locked with his, your mother's words left your mind stunned. The way she emphasised that mustn't made it sound like it was a gross understatement. You're forbidden to gain feelings.

The eye-contact that you two shared was quickly torn apart when Ronal grabbed his hands out of the blue. "Their arms are too thin, they'll be slow in the water."

The boy looked humiliated by her action alone, it probably wasn't really pleasant to have all the eyes judging you let alone whispering about you specifically.

"These kids." Ronal told, her voice revealing disappointment and shock. She approached a girl, you assumed it was his sister, and took her palm. "They aren't even real Na'vi!" Numerous gasps could be heard among the crowd as Ronal lifted up her palm and showcased the four fingers to everyone.

"Yes we are!" The girl stood up for herself and escaped Ronal's grasp.

But she did not escape the raging look that Ronal sent her towards her direction.

"Hey look, look!" Jake Sully spread his four fingers in-front of everyone. "I was born among the sky people but now I'm Na'vi." He reasoned as everyone exchanged puzzled glances. "Okay? We will adapt."

You tried to be skeptical about the situation however you couldn't focus as you felt the boy's stare burning the side of your face. He didn't even try to hide the fact that he was staring, how shameful.

Ronal stood beside her mate, waiting for him to finally say something about this. "Jake Sully is a great warrior and a war leader." Tonowari cleared his throat. "But Metkayna is not at war; we won't let you bring your war here." His voice was strict and formal — he was a true leader, always prioritised the safety of his people first.

A young looking girl, definitely younger than you jumped into Jake Sully's hands and snuggled close to her father.

"I'm— I'm done with war, okay?" Jake announced in a hush whisper as he wrapped his arms around his youngest daughter. "I just want to keep my family safe. . ."

Neytiri — Jake's Sully's mate witnessed her husband's unsuccessful attempts to persuade the leaders of the Metkayna clan into allowing her family to stay with them and decided that she'll take the lead from here.

"My husband was Toruk Makto." She spoke in cold and distant voice, her eyes fixed on Ronal. "He leased the clans to victory against the sky people."

"This you call victory?" Jake and Tonowari looked at one another; uncertain about what to do next as their wives argued. "Hiding among strangers?"

Ronal's head rotated to Jake as she bitterly stated. "It seems like Eywa has turned her back on you, the chosen one."

Neytiri has had enough. She's not gonna just stand there and allow someone to talk lowly upon her husband despite their status.

She angrily hissed at Ronal who returned the favour.

"I— I apologise for my mate." Jake pulled Neytiri closed and gave her a pleading look.

"Do not apologise for me—"

"It was a long flight and she is exhausted." Neytiri went quiet. Not because he was right, she just allowed him to have his way.

As she retreated, she placed a hand over her heart and closed her eyes. "Uturu has been asked."

The Metkayna clan glanced around like a bunch of lost puppies searching for their owners. Ronal and Tonowari had to come up with a decision fast.

Tonowari gave his mate a soft gaze as she faintly nodded her head. The decision was made.

"Jake Sully and his family will stay with us." Tomowari announced, putting a huge smile on Jake's face. "Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless."

Jake nodded his head. "Thank you."

"My daughter Tsireya and son Aonung will teach your kids our ways." He gestured to his two children.

The look on Aonung's face was priceless. He definitely wasn't fond of this idea at all. You also kinda felt bad for the newcomers, leaving their home is extremely hard but training under Aonung's care is worse.

"Father why do I—" Aonung tried to protest but his father pointed a finger.

"This is decided."

On the other hand, Tsireya happily made her way towards the family and greeted them with a warm and very welcoming smile. "Come, I'll show you our village."

The Sully family agreed amongst themselves and followed the girl deeper into the village with their one particular son staying behind them.

He approached you very awkwardly. His lips parted but nothing came out except futile attempts to speak. "Um..." he gulped.

You knitted your brow at him, praying he leaves you alone soon. "Do you want something?" You crossed your arms and gave the boy a stern look.

You weren't meant to be rude, but if it really was him who haunted your mind and dreams, then you're obligated to avoid him at all costs. Harsh and unwelcoming attitude will surely push him away, right?

"Sorry, what's your name?" He finally managed to get himself together.

"Y/n."

He extended his hand towards you making you stare at it rather dubiously. "I'm Lo'ak."

You didn't shake his hand as he slowly pulled it away. That went way worse than he has anticipated. But maybe shaking hands wasn't that big of a thing here.

"Well I—"

"Lo'ak, get back here!" You darted your gaze towards his brother who called out to him.

"I should go."

"Yeah, you should go." You agreed.

The boy pressed his lips into a thin line as he didn't expect you to actually agree with him. After he swallowed the uncomfortable feeling in his chest away, he waved his hand goodbye and hurriedly ran towards him family to catch up with them.

You stood there with your arms still crossed on your chest and an unimpressed look plastered on your face.

"You'd make good friends with him, a pair of freaks." Somebody whispered into your ear, making you shudder and stay rooted in your place.

The voice belonged to none other than Aonung who then hit your shoulder as a bonus before following his sister and trailing behind the family.

What an asshole he was. A true asshole.