* Chapter 9 *

-Gabrielle Pov-
I made eye contact with a sexy ass lightskin, he licked his lips before smirking at me then winking. I smiled walking over to him, I stopped in front of him licking my lips. "Hey, I seen you looking like you needed something? Someone?" I smiled biting down on my lip softly.

He chuckled before smirking and nodding." Yeah, what's ya' name? Ya' a beautiful guh'." He grabbed my hand before getting up and taking me to by the lady's bathroom. "It was ta' loud, had ta' get away from it. Anyway, wassup wit'cha? What's ya' name na'?"

"I'm Kadijah Maye. I work as a director for Photography Incorporated, I'm twenty three years old and my parents live in Atlanta Georgia. My grandmother died about twenty years ago, when I was three and my grandfather..well I never got to know him. He was shot by a mistaken bullet. My life is perfect at this point but I'm stressed about my mother and her cancer. Your turn." I explained the story about my life.

"Wow, damn ma'. I'm sorry ta' hear dat' but I'm a drug dealer. I'm tryin' ta' get ma' life ta'getha, I'm gettin' there doe'. Ya' one beautiful guh', is it alright ta' take ya' out onna' date or sum'? Ya' know get ta' know ya'."

"Yeah..sure. That sounds cool, your accent...it turns me on. Is that bad? You know what maybe I shouldn't have said that." I said before mumbling the last part nervously, I bit down on my lip nervously before trailing my eyes to the ground. His finger pushed my head up making me look him in the eyes.

"No need ta' be nervous, ya' ain't got ta' let nun' out. I'm attracted ta' ya, too much at dat'. But, let's take it slow. I respect women enough. Anyway lemme' tell ya' bout' myself." He cleared his throat before continuing, "Well I'm from New Orleans, ma' brudda' name is August, Aug fa' short. Ma' name is Melvin, Mel fa' short. Call me Mel doe', let's save da' rest fa' our date tomorrow at eight. I'll pick ya' up. I'll call ya', put ya' numba' in ma' phone gorgeous."

×

×

It's sort of hard staying away from the enemy's when they're so cute. I shook my thoughts off as I pulled up to August Alsina's house, this was the man I was suppose to take down. Usher had sent me here for what? To exactly, take him down.

I sighed adjusting my light beige dress on my thick body, I made sure my hair was still curled before applying a tad bit more eye-shadow. I popped my lips making a p sound before getting out of my car and walking up to the door. I knocked twice before the door was opened by some woman. She seemed to be his mother from her old ass bougy appearance.

"Hello, how are you today Miss?" I smiled showing my pearly whites, the charm that had the men calling my name. She smiled back placing her hand on her hip, "Hi, I'm fine Chile, gone head in there, Aug' in there. He prolly' waitin' for ya'. He in da' back." She answered before running off to her van.

I walked in closing the door behind me, I made my way to the back where he stood, shirtless, with only basketball shorts on showing his muscular body. He sung to the music, a song I never heard before. It was honestly music to my ears, I loved his voice. He should be a singer.

"They don't understand the life I chose

The money and the fame it can hurt everything you love-" His melody voice sung as something startled him which I later noticed was once I moved my heel he'd heard it turning around staring at me, he furrowed his eyebrows. He went to speak but I cut him off before he could even start. "August Alsina right? I apologize for my absurd behavior but I was here to talk to you about some things when your mother rushed out and told me to just go in. I debated on it but I came and here we are, listening to your beautiful voice. Staring at your beautiful body.. Have you ever thought about a singing career?" I questioned with a small smile, I was jealous, dude sung better than I ever will in the next three decades.