Chapter 02

Ana's POV
After managing to get to the front office, I had to argue with the secretary about my scheduling because she couldn't believe that a 7 year old girl was smart enough to skip enough grades to make it into high school.

She was proven wrong when the principal and vice principal walked in to see her yelling at me for 'lying'.

I walked out of the front office only to bump into someone "Hey! Watch where you're- wait, how old are you?" I look up only to see a stunning bombshell blonde with a dark haired bodybuilder. I stared at them for a moment before saying "Hello, I'm Anastasia Dwyer, but you can call me Ana. I'm the new transfer student. You wouldn't happen to know where Mr. Lawrence's history class is would you?"

They both seemed baffled by my words, not that I blame them, it's not an uncommon occurrence for people to be caught off guard by the fact that a 7 year old is attending high school. My mother insisted that I do everything possible to make her proud so instead of playing messy games outside with the other kids, I was drinking coffee and reading work books for upper level classes.

"Uhh- my twin brother has that class? But are you sure-?" The blonde started as she knelt down to speak to me as if I was actually a child..... something I've never been.

I instead showed her my schedule and stated "I assure you Miss, that I'm in the correct institution. You wouldn't mind helping me find my classes for the day, would you?" Baffled, she hesitatingly took the paper and looked it over.

Upon seeing that it was legitimate, she delicately reached for my hand and offered me a smile "Don't worry, we'll help you get to your classes, sweetheart" I blinked and looked at her hand unsurely before hesitantly reaching out and lightly grasping it.

Her hand was cold, hard, and smooth like the porcelain that it mimicked in color. She smiled down at me before turning around and guiding me through the sea of teenagers. The dark hair man walked alongside us with a goofy grin on his face and every time I'd glance at him he'd make ridiculous faces at me.

I mostly ignored him and focused on the blonde holding my hand gently in hers......this is the first time anyone's done this.

~~~timeskip~~~
It was lunchtime and I was seated on the blonde's lap as we ate with her family.

~~~timeskip~~~It was lunchtime and I was seated on the blonde's lap as we ate with her family

As we ate...well as I ate, they chatted about trivial things. The blonde undid my hair and was rebraiding it in a different style.

"Your hair is so soft

"Your hair is so soft.... And pretty!" She complimented making me blush and say "Thank you.... I really like your hair too. It's a nice color" I instinctively reached out and gently plucked the curly lock like a guitar string. I watched it bounce around before going back into place "...and bouncy."

That comment made her laugh before saying "Thank you, sweetheart" her twin, who had introduced himself as Jasper, was steadily leaning towards us as if he was a magnet drawn to us.

Before anything else could be said, Bella suddenly approached the table causing everyone to look at her. She developed her shy and timid facade as she stood before us "Hi, I'm Bella.... Anastasia's big sister? Thank you for looking out for her today, but I think it's time that she sit back with me."

Bella then reached out for me to grab my arm to drag me away from my newfound friends causing me me to jerk away and say "No, thank you, Isabella. I'm quite happy over here with my new friends... I'm sorry" I suddenly looked up at the blonde "I never caught your name" she blinked in surprise as she realized that she never introduced herself.

She smiled and said "I'm Rosalie, but you can call me Rose, okay?" I shyly smiled and murmured "Okay" before turning back to Bella "Yes, I'd much rather stay with Rose, if that's alright" Bella's face morphed into a scowl "No, that's not alright" Bella then looked at Rose and put on her shy face before saying "Thank you, Rose, but Anastasia needs to come with me now" she reached for me again but Rose blocked her and glared at her "First off I said that she could call me Rose, not you. Second, she doesn't need to go anywhere she doesn't want to, especially with you, she's just fine right here."

Bella scowled and stormed back to her table with her friends and plopped down with an angry look on her face. Everyone was looking between her and Rose as if the could see the tension between them. I paid them no mind as Rose wrapped me in a protective hold making me snuggle into her.

Mother always said that I had to work hard to make her proud and earn her love and attention, yet here this complete stranger was freely giving me her attention and affection.

It made me feel warm inside.

The bell suddenly rang, signaling the end of lunch, making everyone stand up and start to head for their next class. Rose went to stand as well, but I refused to leave her lap. She smiled down at me and scooped up with one arm and picked up my tray with the other.

After disposing of our clutter, we started heading for our classes as well. Rose continued to carry me around until her other bronze haired brother, Edward, stepped in front of us "You shouldn't have talked to Bella like that. Anastasia is her little sister, she has the right to take her as she pleases."

Rose glared at him "Ana didn't want to go with her, or did you miss that part of the conversation when you were too busy eyeing her up?" Edward's look hardened as he said " That doesn't matter, Anastasia's a child who doesn't know what she wants and you had no right whatsoever to speak to Bella like that or refuse her demands" I frowned at his tone and said "Don't talk to Rose like that! It's none of your business!"

Edward glared down at me and spat out "Shut up, brat, this is none of your concern" Rose place a hand on the back of my head and tucked my face into the crook of her neck "DON'T talk to her like that!" Rose started to squeeze me a bit too tight for comfort, but thankfully a voice called out "Rose, let me take Ana to class while you and Edward...talk."

Rose reluctantly handed me to her twin, she grabbed me hand and gently kissed my palm "I'll see you soon, sweetheart" I flushed and nodded while holding my kissed hand to my chest. Jasper then carried me off after exchanging looks with Rose and murmuring "It's alright. I've got it under control."

Something tells me that I wasn't supposed to hear that part....

Jasper then carried me off to class. I looked back to see Rose and Edward arguing, causing my heart to clench in anxiety and concern. Jasper grunted and ran his fingers through my hair "It's okay, Rose will be just fine" I rested my head on his shoulder causing him to rest his cheek on top of my head.

I continued to stare at Rose as we walked away until we were out of sight. Even then though my hand reached out for hers, and tears pricked my eyes.