Chapter 15

Ana's POV
I sat on the bed looking confused as Jane and Alec stood in front of me looking like nervous school children about to ask out their crush.

I didn't realize the irony of that analogy until after the conversation.

"Ana....you're aware that we are vampires" Jane started making me nod, baffled by her statement "Yeah, I've known about the existence of the supernatural since I was 7 years old, why?" I asked "Then, you're aware of soul bonds" Alec continued "Yes. Uncle Marcus taught me all about them" I answered slightly exasperated.

I didn't know where this conversation was going, and their slow and hesitant approach was not easing my nerves.

"Then you know all about mating bonds, correct?" They blurted out/asked in unison, a nervous habit of theirs.

Their question made my heart sink 'Were they trying to tell me that they found their mates?' I wondered as I felt my heart break at my rotten luck.

My birth mother was right, I was unworthy of love. Of course I could never be mates to such amazing and beautiful people. I was meant to die, alone, maybe I wasn't even supposed to be born at all. Maybe I was just a mistake.

Before my thoughts could go any further into the darkness, Jane and Alec knelt before me and Jane grasped my left hand while Alec cupped my right cheek "Ana...Ana you're our mate" Jane said with her confidence dwindling at her confession "...What?" I asked believing that I heard her wrong.

"We're mates, Il mio delicato fiore, you are mine and Jane's and we are yours" Alec explained "We... we tried to keep our distance and we made everyone else swear to not tell you because we didn't want the mating bond to feel forced on your end" Jane said after gulping back whatever fear she had lodged in her throat "Bella forced us to meet too soon, and you were so young, we didn't want to take advantage of you" Alec continued.

Their silent apology for not telling me the truth sooner and explaining themselves gave me enough time to form a coherent response....... Well, more like blurt out my thoughts "I've had crushes on you two since I was 15, and now you're telling me it was because destiny was pulling me towards you? This whole time?" I asked accidentally confessing my feelings for them.

They looked at me, startled and Alec said "Well, yes.... You have had romantic feelings for us?" I flushed and timidly nodded making them smile in relief making me timidly smile back.

Until I frowned and said "I don't want to turn just yet, could we hold off that and just start courting for now?" They eagerly nodded and Jane said "Of course! La mia preziosa gemma, we were turned at 19, and we'd like you to be our age before turning anyway" I smiled and said "So two years....that should be plenty of time for us" they returned my smile before leaning forward and delicately kissing each of my cheeks.

My face flared a bright shade of vermillion and I swear that I had turned so hot steam came out of my ears. Alec and Jane started to laugh making me whine at their teasing.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Alec's pet name for Ana; My delicate flower.
Jane's pet name for Ana; My precious gem.