Chapter 13

3rd POV
Marcus looked around the room at the mass amount of bonds.

Marcus always knew that he, Aro, Caius, and Carlisle were soul brothers, but he had no idea that their mates were soul sisters as well along with the Denali sisters, nor did he anticipate the amount of paternal and familial bonds that would come with them adopting children.

Aro and Sulpicia had adopted Jane and Alec who were now mates to Carlisle and Esme's youngest daughter, Ana.

Caius and Athenodora had adopted Demetri who was now mates to Jasper.

While Didyme and himself had adopted Felix who was now mates to Alice.

The room looked like a rainbow spiders web in the eyes of the ancient king. The only problem was Edward and Bella, they had a strong bond, but it was not a soul bond and they had nothing and no one tying them to this earth.

"Perhaps it would be best if we continued this discussion outside of young ears? I could take you and Ana to the garden" Marcus offered Esme. Esme hesitated before nodding her agreement after receiving an encouraging nod from Carlisle.

Marcus led Esme and Ana to the garden where Ana gasped in awe.

"My wife, Didyme, and I built this garden as a place to relax and remind us of the value of life" Marcus explained "It's so beautiful here" Ana said with Esme nodding "Yes, you and Queen Didyme did a wonderful job, my king" "Please, sister, call m...

"My wife, Didyme, and I built this garden as a place to relax and remind us of the value of life" Marcus explained "It's so beautiful here" Ana said with Esme nodding "Yes, you and Queen Didyme did a wonderful job, my king" "Please, sister, call me Marcus" Marcus said as he waved off the formalities.

Esme was briefly surprised, but smiled nonetheless. She set Ana down and allowed the curious child to wonder the garden in awe at the flowers. Marcus followed the little girl who curiously asked about all the different flowers and he happily answered her questions.

Esme watched them in contentment until Ana slowly started to become lethargic making Esme glance at the time "Is it her name time?" Marcus asked as he carefully picked her up into his arms "Yes, I wonder what could be taking them so long" Esme said as she glanced in the direction of the throne room.

"Why don't you go find out? I'll put her in one of the guest rooms" Marcus suggested "She doesn't like to sleep alone....she has night terrors" Esme said softly "I understand. I won't leave her side until you return" Marcus promised as he rubbed Ana's back gently. Seeing Marcus's gentle nature Esme agreed and left.

Marcus walked to a nearby room and went straight to the bed.

He plucked a book off the nightstand and started to read from it "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit

He plucked a book off the nightstand and started to read from it "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort...."

He continued to read with Ana using his chest like a pillow. Her tiny hands balled into fists, grasping him in a silent pleas to not leave before she succumbed to sleep.