Chapter 10

Ana's POV
After the baseball game, where Bella was declared a 'snack' by a nomad.

Since Esme was shielded by Carlisle and Rosalie, they didn't see me so I was safe, but now my family was sent off to go hunt them down to protect their coven thanks to Edward and Bella dragging them into a mess.

I was sent with some 'friends' for safekeeping. It was a small group of people that lived in La Push. Emily and her fiancée Sam and two other boys called Jared and Paul.

When I first came here, there was a heated discussion between Carlisle and Sam about a treaty violation, but after reassuring Sam that there was none he reluctantly calmed down and took me in.

Emily was okay, but I didn't like Sam or his friends. Maybe I'm just homesick, but they're body temperatures too hot compared to the nice chilled skin of my family. They're probably not human and that's why.

I sat by the window looking out and waiting for my family to show up and take me home. I wanted to help Rosalie fix the cars, and cook with my mommy, and play video games with my big brothers, and read in my dad's study as he did paperwork. I just wanna snuggle with my mom, or big sister.

Emily suddenly walked over to me with a plate of brownies, it seemed like she was always cooking for the boys and that wasn't fair.

She should be relaxing and planning her wedding, not taking care of three grown men. I did help her in the kitchen where I could and tried to be a courteous houseguest, but sometimes I wanted to scold those boys for making Emily work hard and not thanking her.

Sam could at least do the dishes for her so she can sit down for a few minutes and actually eat herself instead of snacking all day. Is he gonna be like this when she gets pregnant? If so maybe she should take her cousin's advice and leave.

"Want first dibs?" She asked me sweetly with a smile that I returned and politely said "No thank you. I'm not hungry right now. You should sit down for a minute and go eat" Emily shook her head and said "Lunch isn't ready yet, I only have a few minutes left before they come back" I nodded understandingly "Do you need any help? I could get some plates out."

Emily smiled and said "No, but thank you sweetheart......you really miss them, huh?" I nodded "They're my family, and they could be in danger because of Edward and Bella being selfish and reckless" Emily nodded with a sympathetic frown.

She looked up and a smile wormed its way onto her face "Well, it looks like you won't have to worry anymore" I snapped my head to the window and saw Carlisle and Esme walking up with Sam and the boys. My face immediately lit up and I bolted outside.

I ran up and went to tackle my parents in a hug while yelling "Mommy! Daddy!" I could tel that I shocked them as I've never called or addressed them like this before.

Carlisle then scooped me up and held me up in the air to twirl me like a princess before bringing me back down for hugs. I melted into his embrace and wrapped an arm around Esme when she went to join in.

The smell of eucalyptus and rosemary filled my nose with ginger and ylang ylang and it made me feel warm and safe inside my heart.

This was my home.