Chapter four

The first school day was over and it went rather well.

Met new people and became friends, invited to a party by the most popular seniors in school and still have my best friends. This couldn't get better I thought to myself.

I gave Adeline a lift in my car, we were on route to my house. She plugged her phone in my aux cord and quickly played a song before we arrived.

My car began to play Beyonce- all the single ladies. I laughed at her choice of song. We both began to do the famous hand movement to the song and sang along, sounding like utter twats.

I parked in front of my three-storied house and entered the garden, Adeline following behind me shortly after.

I stepped inside the kitchen and heard ANTM (Americans Next Top Model) on the television screen in the living room.

"I'm home" I yelled. I heard my mothers footsteps as she was walking down the tiled, white spiral stairs.
"Hi sweety, how was it" she asked nervously.
"School?" I questioned, already knowing that she was inferring school.

She nodded her head slowly, lifting her coffee mug off the side and turned around, leaning against the table and took a sip out of her coffee.

"Yeah it was great, met some people" I replied. She took another sip of her coffee and widened her eyes and began to smile.

"Oh really, how lovely" she said cutely.
"Oh hello Adeline, didn't see you there love" she laughed. Adeline stepped forward.

"Afternoon Mrs Lancaster" she said.
My mom pushed her gently. "Oh please call me Kim, darling. Makes me sound younger" she laughed. We all laughed at her unfunny joke.

"So, are you having a sleepover tonight Ken?" She asked. Looking at Adeline and smiling softly, her dimples showing.

"Uhh" I said. I knew I had to tell her about the party, but will she let me go?

"Erm mom, there's a party tonight and myself and Adeline got invited.."
"And you want to go" she cut me off.
Adeline and I both nodded.

My mum sighed and put her mug down. "who's party is it" she questioned curiously.
"A friend, we met him today" I replied.

"Him" my mom repeated. I nodded in her response.
"Okay, yes you can go, but be back before midnight Kendall. I mean it" she said.

"I will Mom, I love you" and with that, I grabbed Adeline's hand and we both ran up the stairs in excitement.

I ran to my computer and typed in YouTube. The song John Newman- blame came on and me and Adeline started to get ready.

I wanted to make myself look different. A good different though. I wiped away my makeup from this morning and exfoliated my skin with my face scrub.

I began my putting foundation on. Then carefully did my eyebrows. Then did my eyeshadow, consisting off the colours white, cream, black and brown.

I then winged me eyeliner which took three attempts to get it perfect. I stroked my mascara a multiple times for my lashes to go extremely long and bold.

I added concealer and contoured my face rather well. I then applied my nude lip liner along with my nude lipstick.

I wasn't a fan of fake lashes, however, I used individual lashes. Just to make me eyes stand out.

I leaned in to the mirror and was proud of my makeup. I looked across the room and Adeline just finished putting her Dark Rouge lipstick on.

I ran to my wardrobe and began to undress until I was left with only my lingerie on. I was looking for a particular dress.

And I found it. It was a body con purple dress, it was rather short but I loved the dress. My mother bought me it on my birthday along with sparkly silver Loubittons.

I took the rollers out of my hair, gave it a quick brush and sprayed my hair to voluminise it. And I was ready. I sat on the side or my bed and waited for Adeline to finish her hair and to get dressed.

All of a sudden my phone buzzed. I unplugged it from charge and read the lock screen.

'Hi Kendall, it's Noah😊 The parties begun, I'm just waiting for you to arrive. The address is 253 Longsen Avenue. See you there x' my heart melted as I reread the text over and over again.

'Thankyou Noah, I'll be there in 10-15 mins, won't be long. See you soon c, I replied moments after.

Ah shit, I thought to myself.
"X*" I sent another message to correct my mistake.

"Come on Adeline, we're running late' I nagged. Just as I was about to speak again my phone buzzed once again. But it wasn't from Noah, it was Harry. But how did he get my number?

'It's Harry, 253 Longsen Avenue is where the party is held. Can't wait to see you, babe😏'

My heart began to race, just as I was writing a reply, Adeline grabbed ahold of my hand and told me we needed to set off. I nodded and with that, we went off downstairs.

My Moms eyes widened as she saw me. She gasped and placed her hands to her parted lips and began to sob.
"Look at you all grown up, both of you, you're both stunning" she cried.

I pulled my mom into a hug and told her we were late. She kissed us both and told us to be safe and not to drink too much or not to drink at all and reminded me I had to be home for midnight.

We both ran to my car and rolled down the windows, I played Chris Brown- Remember me on full blast and we drove off.

Adeline entered the address on her phone and told me the directions I had to go. 8 Minutes later we were there.

We rolled up the windows, walked out the car and held hands as we walked up the path towards the house. We both inhaled and exhaled, looked at each other and smiled. "come on" she whispered softly.

Adeline opened the door. when I looked inside, I had never seen anything like it.

Music blasting from each corner of the house, around 60 people under one family home , however the house was quite big. All I could smell was strong alcohol and smoke, I think even some illegal substances. But how would I know, I've never encountered or even seen weed.

There were a few couches, but all the seat were taken. Boys were sat down and girl were sat on top of them, snogging each other, the boys had hold of the girls bums and the girls held the victims.. I mean boys heads.

Everyone had a red plastic cup in their hands and were dancing to the beat of the music. As I shut the door behind me, everyone stared at me.

Girls fixing their hair and began to glare at me and boys looking me up and down. I felt intimated. I grabbed Adelines hand and we walked towards the kitchen where I saw Harry talking to Vincent and a girl.

Vincent glanced over at me and waved, I waved back and mouthed the words 'hi' He looked back at Harry, Vincent made eye contact with me then Harry, then me and then Harry.

He was trying to tell Harry to turn around. And when he did, his reaction was adorable...