Chapter eight

It was 5:57pm and we wanted to leave the house for 8pm. Adeline walked out the shower naked as she forgot her towel, but she didn't mind. We have seen each other bare many times.

I washed my face with my face scrub and then moisturised it. I put on my foundation, which did a flawless coverage.

I put on my new Estée Lauder concealer under my eyes, down near my jaw and a bit above, on my nose and forehead, I then contoured my cheekbones, around my forehead, on the sides of my nose, neck and chest area.

My eyebrows went well, as usual. I used brown and beige eyeshadows, and white in my water line and the corners of my eyes.

My eyeliner went perfect on my first attempt, I thickened it a bit today. I stroked my mascara on my eyes until they were long and bold and then careful put my natural looking fake lashes on.

And for the finishing touches, I put on my new MAC snog lipstick, which is a baby pink colour along with my MAC hip'n'hop lip liner.

I put my hair in two fish tail plaits for it to be wavy once I unravel it. I put on my skin tight, white skirt which came just under my thighs, a light pink bralette with thin straps, and silver, sparky heels.

I painted my acrylics white and also did my toe nails. I looked at the time and it was 7:52pm, we had a good ten minutes before we set off.

I sat on the edge of the bed and messaged my mum and told her where I was.
'Hey mum, I'm at Adelines house, I'm sleeping tonight because we need to finish our assignment together, be back tomorrow, love you and dad xx'

I know it's bad to lie to your parents, but I knew she wouldn't of let me go to Dylan's if I asked her, especially as it's a school night and we went to one yesterday.

She replied moments later 'okay love, have fun, we both love you too. Lol xxx'

I began to laugh at her using the word 'lol' I don't even think she knew what it meant.

"Are you ready" asked Adeline as she was putting on her white thick heeled shoes.
"Yeah, just need to take my hair out the braids" I said.
"Alright, well I'm finished, I'll wait downstairs for you. I need to tell my mom something anyways" I nodded my head, she grabbed her phone and clutch bag and headed down stairs.

I took my hair out and began to brush it, I then back combed a bit and then sprayed it to voluminise it.

I took my phone off charge, got my purse and looked in the mirror once again. I felt confident, which was unusual for me.

I went down stairs and saw Adeline drinking a cup of water. She wore a short, laced red dress with thin straps and her white heels. Her hair was dead straight and her bright red lips shone.

"You look amazing" I said to her as I pulled her in a hug.
"So do you Ken" she answered.
I've always been closer to Adeline than I have the others, we did everything together and told each other everything. I loved her, she was my one and only best friend.

We held hands and walked outside into her moms car.
"You girls look fabulous" said her mom.

"Thankyou Jenny" I said. She smiled and fastened her seat belt. It took us 17 minutes to get there, we were a bit late, but we finally arrived.

You could hear the music from outside the house, it made my heart beat fast. We waved bye to Adeline mom and then we held hands and walked towards the door.

Dylan's house was much bigger than Vincents, but Vins house was still nice.

We opened the door and stepped inside, we were accompanied by the strong smell of alcohol and surrounded by unfamiliar boys and girls.