Chapter twenty

Harry insisted he'd walk me back to my car even though his was parked on the other side of the school. I told him I'd walk by myself, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He took my folders and bag from me and held them.
"I can't let you carry these abnormally heavy things on your own, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself" he laughed.

I smiled and looked straight ahead of me, we entered the car park were nearly all the school was. Some were waiting to get picked up, some were just stood there and the others were walking to their cars.

We had all eyes on us as we walked, Katie was right, Me and Harry were the talk of the school. I felt his fingers intertwine with mine without caution. He squeezed it tight as we walked by everyone.

We were meters away from my car, but Harry stopped walking. His eyes opening and shutting as if he were drunk. He was losing his balance. I stopped walking and turned around. He began to cough uncontrollably.

I frowned and walked towards him. He slightly bent over, his hands gripping on his knees, his head faced down. I slowly put my hand on his shoulders and bent down too. He began to shake his head and looked the other way.

"What's wrong Harry?" I asked curiously. He breathed heavily and then rubbed his nostrils with his shaken fingers.
"I'm, I'm fine, just lost my breath for a moment" he said with a faint smile, trying to make a joke out of it all. I nodded my head but wasn't really convinced.

He grabbed ahold of my hand and we walked towards my car, even though it was 2-3 metres away.

I took my hand away from his and unlocked the door, which was a good excuse to untie our intertwined fingers. I quickly opened the door and sat in the drivers seat.

"Wait for me Ken!" I heard a voice in the distance, it was Adeline. I almost forgot she was getting ready at mine for tonight. She hopped in the passenger seat and took out her phone. Messaging Noah I think.

I put on my seat belt and ignition and was ready to go to my house, but Harry tapped on the window, I got a bit annoyed as his fingerprints were left there.

I pressed the button for my window to go down, he smiled and began to speak.
"Erm, I guess I'll see you tonight?" He said shyly.
"I guess so" I replied, playing around with the buttons for the window(s).
"Drive safe, I'll see you soon" he put his hand to my cheek and began to rub circles, he leaned in and kissed my lips. I didn't enjoy it, but he did.

He said goodbye again and I was off. I smeared my lips with my fingers rubbing away our kiss and almost pulled a dirty look. I don't know why I felt like this towards Harry, I wish I hadn't encountered Amanda and her friends today.

~

We walked inside my house and was accompanied by my mom, my dad out at work. She was sat at the table on her own with two tickets in her hand. Her head shot up as she saw me, a smile plastered across her face, but faded a bit when she saw Adeline.

"Hi mom" I said.
"Oh, Hey sweety, and Adeline, how are you doing?" She asked.
"I'm fine thankyou" Adeline responded.
"Good good" my mom said, ending their conversation. It was silent for a bit, but I then began to get curious about the tickets in her hand.

"What are they?" I asked, pointing at them. My mum gazed into my eyes and let out a sigh.
"I was wondering if you wanted to come to the theatre with me, like how we always used to go, remember?" She asked.
"Oh, mom, there's a party tonight, I'm going with Adeline" I said, scratching my arm. Adeline stood there awkwardly, staring blankly at the walls.

My mom stood up and put a smile on, which was fake and then began to lie out her teeth.
"Oh yeah, it's fine, no worries, another time, aye?" She said going over to the sink and starting to wash the dishes.
"Mom, I mean I'll come with you if you want, I ju..."
"Nonsense Ken, go to the party with Adeline silly" she said, reassuringly. I pulled her into a hug and then grabbed Adeline's hand and ran up the stairs.