Chapter nine

The next morning was awful. I had a headache that felt like knifes slicing me inside my brain, I felt sick to the point were I wasn't able to move without borking and I had almost lost my voice.

I called my mom and told her I was too ill to come to school today as I had 'food poisoning' from last nights takeaway whilst we were doing our 'intense revision'

My mom came to pick me up in her car. She knocked on the door and Jenny opened the door and let her in.

I couldn't make out what they were saying but they were having their long conversations that lasts about half an hour.

I turned my body and faced Adeline. She was as pale as me and didn't feel well either.

"What a night" I whispered to her. She smiled and then began to shake her head slowly.
"You could say that, I feel like absolute shite" she laughed.
"Yeah, so do I. At least we got a day off"

"I saw you going up stairs with Harry last night" she said whilst nudging me and moving her eyebrows up and down.
"Shut up Ad" I laughed. "you were getting it on with Romeo you kinky girl" I continued.

"Honestly, he was the best kis..." Adeline got cut off by my mum as she walked in and began to talk softly.

"Aw sweety, you still not feeling good" she said whilst stroking my hair and placing her palm on my forehead to feel my temperature. I shaked my head and closed my eyes.

"Ooo honey, you're burning up. Come on let's get you home, I'll start a nice warm bath for you and make your favourite today, lasagne." she said with her sympathetic smile on her face.

I smiled slightly back at her. She grabbed me by my waist and placed my arms on her shoulder, we walked down the stairs and said goodbye to Jenny.

"Say I said bye to Adeline" I said to her mom. She nodded her head and pulled me into a hug and told me to get well soon.

We arrived home and saw my dad sat around the kitchen table with his morning newspaper, coffee in his favourite mug that I bought him last year that prints 'worlds best dad'

"Phil, can you give me a hand, here. Please" my dad's eyes widened, he dropped the newspaper and jumped out of his seat.

"Jesus Ken, what's happened, you look awful" he said in a worrying tone.
"I just need a bath and I'll be fine" I said whilst closing my eyes and refraining my self from vomiting all over my father before he went to work.

My dad lifted me up off the ground and held me like a child. He walked up the steps, holding me with one arm and gripping on the bannister with the other.

My dad looked really good for his age. Nice skin, a good hairstyle if I say so myself, good sense of clothes and was in very good shape.

He opened my door and placed me on my bed and wrapped me up in my thick blanket.

He sat on the side and felt my forehead and then stroked my hair back. He planted a kiss on my nose and checked the time, he gasped in horror and shot up off the bed.

"Ken honey, I'll be late for work if I don't set off now" he had a worrying look in his eyes. I don't know if he was anxious that he'd be late for work or that I'm dying slowly, well, that's what it felt like.

"Your mother will be up soon and she'll set you a hot bath" he kissed me once more and said that he loved me. Closed the door and ran down the stairs.

I laid there and looked at the ceiling and reminisced about last night. I had only gone over the whole night a hundred times.

My imagination malfunctioned as my mother walked in. She came close to my bed and slowly took the blankets off me and walked me to my bathroom.

She turned the bath on helped my take my pyjamas off, but turned around as I took my bra and knickers off. She handed me towel, I wrapped it around me and she then turned around.