17.

Sage "Ace" Porter

"Ight so how far you is?" Ace asked as he sat next to Jordyn at some restaurant she texted him about.

He wanted to sort everything out before anything blew up into a problem.

Jordyn paused for a moment then spoke, "Uhhh, 8 weeks?"

Ace scrunched up his face, "Jordyn, that's a question? Or you really is 8 weeks?"

"I-I really am." She nodded.

"Ight so what you wanna do?" He asked.

"I wanna keep it, and raise my baby." She said.

Ace nodded, but internally his stomach dropped. This wasn't something he wanted to put on Key after he had successfully told her his feelings.

But he knew he wanted to be in his baby's life.

"Lemme know when the appointments are and allat." He said.

Jordyn watched as he stood up from the booth before she spoke.

"Okay.. and the baby needs some money."

Ace let out a dry chuckle, "For what?"

"Look Ace, carrying a baby is stressful. I need a trip to my nail tech and my lash lady."

"Yea.. we gon just handle this now. Any money I give you is for the DNA test, then we can move from there."

"W-what DNA test? We not doing a DNA test!"

Ace shook his head, "Yea we is.. and my homeboy did one while his baby mama was pregnant. So we doing that."

"No, I don't want to hurt the baby.."

"It's just a blood draw, the baby straight."

Jordyn shook her head, causing Ace to laugh.

"You saying no, but I'm telling you that we getting a DNA test.." He spoke sternly.

Jordyn sat there with a fearful look on her face.

"It's either the baby mine or not, Jordyn don't beat around the bush wimme."

"I don't know!" She cried.

"Youn know what?" He scrunched up his face. "Gas ain cheap and you sitting her playing around after I drove all the way out here.."

"I don't know if the baby's yours, Ace."

He nodded, "Ight and that's why we gon do the test."

"I-I don't even know if there's a baby to test.."

Ace froze.

"Bitch is you serious? Mane call me when you figure sum out.. matter fact my lawyer gon handle anything witchu."

She watched as he walked away and began to cry harder.

Ace made it to his car, then blew out a frustrated breath.

______________________

Kierra Lance