30.

Key
Houston, TX

KeyHouston, TX

"Hannn" 👉🏽

———————————————————————

"Okay.. I think we're ready to start our session. How are you doing today?" Key's new therapist asked.

Key ended up not going to Ace's therapist, instead she went to a lady that her cousin recommended.

Nevertheless. she was still going through with counseling.

"I'm doing good." Key said giving her a small smile.

Jordy smiled back as she settled herself into her seat. She sat and quietly examined Key for a moment.

The silence made Key a little nervous as she gripped the handle on the teacup Jordy gave her.

"Hmm... that's good to hear. I want to start off by getting some background on you, Kierra. What's your relationship with your parents?"

Jordy watched as Key shifted.

"Uhhh, my dad is in prison and my mom died when I was 15 we had a great relationship tho. Me and my dad communicate, but our relationship isn't the best."

"Can you explain that more?"

Key nodded, "I just don't like the choices he makes, he's been in and out of prison my whole life. He still took care of us, but I would've liked his presence more often."

"Understandable.. Why are you here, Kierra? What are somethings you want to get from our sessions?"

"I really want to learn how to properly cope with my mom's death.. I don't know how and I feel like I'm constantly pushing it away."

Jordy nodded, "You seem really aware of your feelings, I think we're off to a good start.. next is knowing how to deal with them."

"Are you in college?" Jordy asked causing Key to nod.

"I'm going into my sophomore year at PV." Key said.

"Ohhh okay, I graduated in 2019!"

This instantly made Key smile, she truly loved her school. Although she didn't get out much, any event that she did go to was always a good time.

"So how has freshman year been?" Jordy asked.

"It was a little stressful.. I do YouTube and that can be difficult when you're trying to be consistent, so I stressed a lot of over assignments and classes."

"Mmm, that's understandable. I know how college and YouTube can be alone time consuming, but to combine the two and still succeed in both is impressive! I'm proud of you." Jordy smiled.

Soon, Key was able to relax into her seat and begin opening up to Jordy more.

_____________________