10.

Three weeks later
Ace

"I'm ready to gooo." Jordyn whined as she sat in Ace's studio.

He looked up from his computer and turned towards her.

"Yeen have to come up here, you begged to ride wimme."

She huffed as she stared in boredom.

"Like you don't have no rappers coming up here? Key had Lil Baby on her story once. I'm sitting up here looking at you."

"Girl, fuck you. Ole fanned out ass." He shook his head and looked back at his computer.

"Why are you so mean to me? You act like this wit Key?!?"

"I do." He chuckled.

She scoffed and pulled her phone out.

"That's probably why she not talking to you now."

"Prolly.." he shrugged.

"I hate niggas."

He shook his head and proceeded to turn up the beat he was working on.

Jordyn was right, Kierra hadn't spoken to Ace in two weeks. She had called once to let him know about the new prescription she got for him, then blocked him.

Ace was struggling to give her space, but he had refrained from popping up on her. He knew he was wrong for how he dealt with her, so he decided to give her a few more days to herself.

__________________________

"Mannn everybody just pissing me off.. starting wit Key." Ace huffed as he sat in his therapist's office.

"What happened with Key? I thought you two were close.." Dr. Reese asked as he sat across from Ace.

"Mane hell yea that's my dawg, but she got mad cause she wit a nigga I don't like."

Dr. Reese nodded, "So you don't like him because he's genuinely not a good guy or.. the other thing?"

Ace looked up and mugged him "I told you I'm not talking about that."

"So he's not a good guy?"

"Nah, he don't treat her right and she just keep going back to him."

"So why is she mad?" Dr. Reese questioned.

"Because I say the shit she don't wanna hear, and imma take accountability and let you know the way I said it to her was a lil rough." He said.

Dr. Reese smiled at Ace's use of the word he learned about in their last session.

"I'm proud of you for acknowledging that. Now what's the plan? How are we going to move forward?"

"Well, I had already promised shawty that I'a work on being more respectful so ion know if she wanna hear my apology this time. I been giving her space tho."

Dr. Reese nodded as he scanned through his notes.

"What's going on with Jordyn?"

Ace blew out a breath, "Next question."

"How's music? Are you still using that outlet?"

Ace nodded "Yea."

"And how are the new meds Dr. Chance got for you? She told me Key called, why didn't you tell us something was wrong?"