18.

A Week Later

"Girl Ace wouldn't do that.." Abby said trying to calm her friend down.

"..I didn't think so either, because who just.."

"Eat yo pussy then stop talking to you?" Abby filled in.

Key let out a laugh, "You so irritating, but yes."

"And how long it's been since y'all talked?" Abby asked.

Key thought about it, "Bout three days,"

Abby stood up and grabbed her keys before looking over at her best friend.

"Where you going?" Key asked.

"We are doing a pop up." Abby said motioning for Key to get up.

Key eyed her and shook her head.

"If he doesn't wanna talk to me, I'm not gon push it.. a nigga get a few calls and texts out of me then it's time to move on. I'm done getting hurt."

Abby shook her head, "But this not just a nigga, this is Ace. You know he not doing no foul shit like this,"

Kierra sighed knowing her friend was right.

Abby smiled, seeing Key stand up to put her shoes on.

The two rode in silence as Key went into deep thought about everything. She knew her 'best friend' Sage, but 'dating' him was different for her and because of her past relationship trauma she wasn't trusting anything.

Abby's car came to a stop as they pulled into a visitor parking spot in Ace's parking garage. Key looked around and sure enough his car was parked.

"Bruh what the fuck.." she mumbled as she stormed into the elevator.

"Good evening Ms. Lance!" Ace's concierge smiled at her as she made it inside the lobby.

"Umm hi Lou.. have you seen Sage?" She asked.

At this point she was holding back tears, she was stunned by the fact that Ace was home and not answering her messages.

"No, I've not seen him these last few shifts I've worked." He told her.

Key nodded, "Well I'm going to go upstairs.."

Lou trusted Key since she was the only guest that Ace had over since he moved in 3 years ago. On top of that, Ace had her on the approved visitor list.

Key made it off of the elevator that stopped on Ace's floor, then used her key to get in.

"Sage?!?" She called as she walked through the condo into his dark room.

Her foot suddenly hit something hard.

"The hell.."

She gasped as she flashed her flashlight over Ace's body.

She bent down to gently touch him as his eyes were open, and he was breathing but he just laid there.

"Sage," she called softly.

"Don't hurt, don't touch." He mumbled.

Key didn't know specifically what was going on, but she knew it had to be something with his schizophrenia.

"Sage, it's Kierra." She said once she moved her hand.

".. Key.. my.. the baby. Pregnant."

"Sage, I'm here. Can we move off the floor?" She spoke, softly.

She watched as his eyes changed a little.

"Bed." He said.

"Yea, let's walk to the bed." She nodded and held out her hand to help him up.