Chapter 1: Come with Me

IOMHE

It has been a super looongg day, filled with all the drama and chaos one could ever imagine happening to him/her. But yes, all of it has happened to her today. So instead of staying at her room staring at the ceiling like a hypnotized retard why not go out and try getting wasted.

"Nah, konti lang siguro!"Iomhe sighed as she tries to reason out with her better judgment. "Besides hindi naman ako umiinom talaga, it would just be three bottles of a flavored beer and am out." She promised herself, mumbling while trying to search her closet for something decent to wear. It normally gets chilly outside during evenings. Its the city of Pines, Baguio. It gets real cold especially during Christmas and until the last week of February. The temperature could drop down to 10 degrees Celsius!But that makes Baguio really special as compared to other places in the whole Philippines, the weather and how it makes you feel. The city is often tagged as a place to find yourself. Kumbaga, soul searching. She grabbed a green cardigan and put it on top of a black sheer blouse. She pulled one of her black skinny jeans and a black wedge. "Para kung sakali hindi aku mahirapan maglakad. " She told herself. Talent niya yun, ang kausapin ang sarili.

She remembers the bar her Kuya Raymund brings her often when he says he wants to chill out. " At least doon, pwede ako mag private room mag isa." She mumbles as she walks down the cold road. Ayaw niya magflag ng taxi, she just wanted to walk. Sa main road na siya kukuha ng taxi. Baka sakali umayos konti utak niya. She checked her phone and turned it off, ayaw niya muna maistorbo. "Basta, I want to be alone tonight till tomorrow!"

She reached the bar in less than 15 minutes via a cab. It is called "The FirePlace". The main attraction of the bar is its sense of exclusivity and privacy. It is not too loud because the band that plays is at the middle where a huge brick fireplace is. Alam mo yung chill lang. Para kang nakikijam sa friends. Hindi maingay. The rooms are more of private, separated by fiber glass walls. Groups could have a bigger room to enjoy their conversation while having their drink. It is in a 7 -story building. The first and the second floor is a restaurant called "The PlatePlace" too. The food there? One of the best especially when we talk about plating and of course the taste! They serve Filipino, Japaneses, French and Italian cuisine. Alam mo yung pangsosyalan talaga. Her team frequents the resto because it is partly owned by their boss. The bar is on the fifth floor. The third and fourth floor is a coffee shop called "The CupPlace. The coffee variety and the pastries and cakes are awesome! It has a different set up because there are books you could read while having coffee, you could sit on a rug with pillows next to a fireplace. It has also rocking chairs for the elderly who's having their convo over coffee. Their coffee arabica is produced locally, and most of their cakes are fruit inspired like with blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, cashew nuts and so on.

"Oi, mam Iomhe, long time no see!" Warm greetings galing kay mang Dudz, yung guard ng bar. Kilala na siya nito dahil sa kuya niya, "Wala ata yong date mo!" kantyaw pa nito.

"Oi, Mang Dudz, oo nga..." she warmly greeted back. "Busy na eh kuya kaya ako na lang, bantayan niyo ako ha, kasi maglalasheng ako! " She laughed.

"Naku, kahit di mo ibilin, pasasabugin ko mukha at bungo ng mang babastos sa yo jan , sigurado sa ganda mong yan ikaw na ang magiging apple of the eye nila sa loob." Nangingiti naman etong sumagot.

Alam niya na seryoso eto at may malasakit tlaga sa kanya kasi natulungan na niya dati nung maospital ang anak. Tapos kayang kaya talaga niya mambasag ng bungo kasi malaking mama, ala Bonel Balingit sa built at tangkad. She smiled at the thought, tinapik niya ang balikat nito,left a smile then walked her way into the bartender's stool.

"ma'am Yu!!!" gulat peru tuwang tuwa na bati sa kanya ng assistant manager ng bar si Orly.

"Orly! " she exclaimed,delighted ! "Buti na lang andito ka pa, am planning to get drunk tonight!" She laughed as she watched his expression turned dim.