Chapter 19:Regrets...Broken Promises

The only things that we regret or we'll ever regret should be the things that we failed to do. In the end, that should be the only thing that we should mourn about. The opportunities we didn't take, the shots we didn't drink and the people we were so afraid to touch that we didn't try at all...

XoXo**

Blake fought off a few other images while trying to concentrate on piling up paper works he needed to look into and sign. It has been a long week, a terrifying one. He tried so hard not to dial her number on his phone as he found it difficult not to stare on her face on his phone screen.

"God, I miss her so much it is difficult to breathe!"

His thoughts were interrupted by his secretary's voice on the intercom;

"Boss, I have Engr. McCall here, he says it is urgent."

Blake felt his chest tighten because of his racing heartbeat with the mention of urgent.

"Let him in... and Irene, I am so sorry about earlier, for snapping at you like a moron." He sounded apologetic, oh well he is, he has been snappy for the whole week at work, his secretary Irene was the latest casualty today because of a missed call from a client, he later learned she's at the toilet throwing all her breakfast up, she's pregnant and having morning sickness but he didn't know, he just decided to do a tirade. He heard her sigh.

"It is ok Boss, but please, that should be the last one because with my raging hormones right now, I might punch you in the face if you'll do it again while I'm throwing up."

Blake smiled.

"Really sorry Irene, and congratulations to you and Marcus, it won't happen again."

"You'll be one of the ninongs boss." Her tone is now happy.

"Hell yeah, my pleasure! For now, send the old man in." he joked. He is fond of calling Terry "old man", which he does not seem to mind. He's a soft hearted one for a foreigner, his Aunt Marie was so lucky to have him as a husband. He smiled at the thought.

But what made him visit? Why urgent?

"Hey buddy!" Terry McCall came in bursting to the door with a wary smile. Blake got up and greeted him with a hug.

"How are you old man?" Blake faked a cheerful tone.

"Oh well..." he shrugged his broad shoulders and went straight to the glass windows overlooking the metro. He fidgeted on the blades before facing him again.

"I came to check on you." He eyed him with a dim expression.

Blake looked away.

"We are doing fine Uncle, things would get better soon... I could,, well I am trying my best to fix it the soonest time possible."

"You might be too late by then." He looked back at the window panes.

Napakunot ng noo si Blake. This is the only time he saw Terry like this again.

"You remember the Yamato deal?" he asked without looking at him.

"Oh yeah! We talked about it yesterday night. That was a huge success. So who's proposal was it that he liked, it should be too amazing for that Japanese guy to be so thrilled about."

Blake heard McCall draw a shaky breath. Then looked at him straight to the eye.

"It was, well it was Catherine's idea. It was her "mourning project" as I call it, she came back a day right after the funeral of her dad and sister wanting to work, that was when Yamato asked him of a lay out proposal. She worked relentlessly on it, the kid poured her grief to it, sleeping late...skipping meals. I terrorized her of constantly firing her so she could get the needed rest she deserves. She did not flinch, that brat!"