Chapter 8: She finally surrenders

Blake told her they just finished a project in Ilocos, his creative team came up with a thought of an island resort due to the place attracting already influx of tourists. He has been there once just to check the project but did not stay that long. He sounds so proud of it.

"That was really one of my baby projects. My team had issues with finances not being approved by the board so I had to own up to it, asked the board if we could make arrangements of me handling the expenses." Blake sighed.

"Bongga! Iba na talaga ang burgis!" Iomhe teased.

"It was fruit of hard work Iomhe. We are not here just because we had rich parents." Blake said seriously.

"Oi, hindi ka na mabiro." Iomhe nervously laughed.

"Can you cook like your mom? Grabe ang sarap nung bulalo.I can't stop eating." Blake enthused

Iomhe smiled. They had lunch at home, her mom cooked bulalo and Blake was eating a lot, he kept filling his plate and his soup bowl.

"Hindi masyado pero marunong din naman kahit papano. Oh eh bakit iba yung ngisi mo?" Iomhe is surprised seeing a playful smile on his lips.

"I just remembered lolo Joaquin's joke." He looked at her still with that stupid smile.

Ay pak! eto na naman tayo.

Lolo Joaquin was constantly joking around during lunch, seeing his appetite he made a statement.

"Mukhang napalaban ka ata apo kagabi?"

"Ugh! Lolo, mapapalaban pa lang pag sinwerte." Blake laughed so loud with her Lolo that Iomhe's mom came back to the kitchen.

"So, what did I miss?" Floriana asked.

"Wala mom, nababaliw lang yang bisita niyo." Iomhe was furiously slicing the meat on her plate.

"I can't believe you can make that kind of statement in front of lolo." Iomhe stared at him in horror after recalling the scene.

"Don't tell me you can't stand by what you texted." Blake scratched his chin.

"Awww that's cute!" Iomhe thought.

" I didn't say that. " Iomhe flushed and looked outside the window.

That's good, you're still up to the challenge baby, It's gonna be worth it!

Blake just smiled at the thought of her flesh caressed by his fingers.Sumulyap siya sa nakaexpose nitong balat.

She really looks silky and soft!Damn!

Iomhe opted to wear denim shorts paired with a loose white shirt with the sleeves rolled on her arms.She just allowed her soft curls loosely on her shoulders to her back , meaning to tie them up with a rubber band once they are out of the car.

"Why don't you continue sleeping?It's gonna be a long ride baby." Blake looked at her thoughtfully.

"I don't normally sleep sa biyahe kasi, even though I shut my eyes, my thoughts would just be drifting away." Iomhe said still not looking at him.

"How's the migraine?"

"It's fine now."

"Did you get yourself checked for that? It might be something different." Blake sounded concerned.

Iomhe looked at him and with a sad smile, she sighed.

"I'm fine, I am just darn lucky to be alive now." Her doctor cleared her of any serious effects of her head slamming to the car door. It was just minor bruises and a cut nothing else showed on the XRAYs and MRIs.