Chapter 6: Her Tragedy

Before we start the next chapter, I wanted to say thank you to those who I forced into reading this piece.Thank you so much! So this time I want you to get more intimate with Iomhe. Let's get to know her.

XoXo**

Iomhe called his kuya Raymund because of a few texts she received from her when she went MIA last night.

"Where have you been pumpkin?" He answered with just one ring, sounding alarmed.

"Kuya, I am sorry that I made you worry.I was just, you know, trying to find some answers." Iomhe softly explained.

"You cannot find answers by going out there unsure of yourself and emotional.Look, I know this is hard on you but it has been 6 months pumpkin, we all need to get up. We can't just stay miserable, I'm sure Erin and Uncle Damian would be happier if you'd just stop doing this to yourself."

I can't kuya,even if it takes a million years, I can't .

A sob is starting to form in her throat. She suddenly felt like wanting to run to him and just cry.

" I am fine Kuya, really, I am doing well. I just called to let you know I am okay. And I am going on vacation for the next three days."

She heard a sigh on the other line. " Iomhe Catherine, please stop being too hard on yourself. I miss the old you, the one who pursues things, the giddy Yuyu."

"Kuya, I'll see you soon." She can no longer stop the tears from her eyes so she ended the call abruptly.

Raymund Leviste is her older cousin, the only man in the family. He is his Dad's nephew from his only brother Aaron Leviste, Raymund has 3 older sisters. Iomhe's dad, Damian Leviste has two daughters. Iomhe Catherine and Erin Samantha. Raymund and Iomhe were very close to each other due to the fact that they were born a few months apart.They grew up practically together. Kaya ganun na lamang siya protektahan nito.Eversince elementary and highschool nakabuntot eto sa kanya. Raymund took medicine and he is now one of the youngest well know surgeon in town and in the country. Still single like Iomhe, both of them never flinched when it comes to marriage concerns. Iomhe's younger sister Erin was her kuya Raymund's pet because she is the youngest of them cousins.

Bakit pa kasi ako tumawag sa kanya, nasisira lagi ang moment. Iomhe is furiously trying to stop her tears and trying to block memories but they came out flooding her brains again.

"dad, saan ba tayo pupunta talaga?" Erin kept asking their dad while driving. Damian Leviste picked his 2 daughters from the house right after he arrived from Japan, he had to oversee a client's construction. Yes, their dad was an engineer just like their lolo.

"Diba sabi ko nga surprise." He smiled looking at them on the front mirror. They were both at the back seat. Iomhe was just quiet.

"Hey ate, you're not curious at all?" Erin asked Iomhe who is trying to sleep.

"No baby, surprises are surprises." She smiled. Her sister is really young, 18 years old at that but still acts like a 15 year old high schooler.

"Ahmm Iomhe, how's law school? Hindi ka ba nahihirapan anak, you are juggling your time working and studying.I can support you pa naman. You might want to consider resigning." Damian looked at her tenderly.

He was right, Iomhe has been working right after college, he did not directly enroll for law school after graduation because she wanted to earn for it. Not that they can't support her but her younger sister is also in college, it is a bit too much for his dad to handle since their mom is also on maintenance due to diabetic concerns.Her mom stopped working because of constant pagkahilo and panghihina.