Chapter 23: Sense of Gratitude

It has been days! Haha! Sareee, but thank you for waiting!

XoXo**

Iomhe woke up feeling suffocated and immediately asked for water. Someone handed her a glass and assisted her to drink it. She gulped it down in seconds. She then tried adjusting her eyes to the lights and was surprised to see her whole team surrounding her. She blinked hoping she would find someone else, someone achingly familiar.

"bes, Mr. del Rosario left already." Karla offered to answer, nabasa niya siguro sa mukha ni Iomhe and pagtatanong, ang paghahanap.

Iomhe sighed and smiled weakly. Hindi nga siya nagdedeliryo that time, Blake came to her rescue.

"Allright everyone, I am soo glad nobody got hurt during the quake. We'll be back to work tomorrow." She cheered as everyone groaned.

"Wala pa kaya tayo work til tomorrow, hindi pa naalis lahat mga debris sa office though minimal yung damage. Mr. yamato wants everything to be checked before resuming work at the building .Pero beks, you sure okay ka lang?" Karla asked worried.

"Oo naman beks, nauntog lang siguro ako sa loob kaya ako nawalan ng malay." Iomhe laughed.

"halos 24 hours ka na kayang tulog." Karla blurted out.

Iomhe gasped.

Before she could ask questions, a doctor and a nurse came rushing in. After checking her vital signs and her responses to different movement tests, the doctor smiled kindly.

"You are perfectly fine Ms. Leviste, you had us worried and puzzled because you were in a deep slumber for nearly 24 hours now. Your x-rays and mris showed no inconsistencies so we summoned the traditional medicine team on the 12th hour you were unconscious to administer a few acupuncture procedure to treat possible trauma you encountered. It is a relief you are fine. Your boss has been constantly calling to check on your development." The doctor explained in his careful English.

"Thank you so much Doctor." Iomhe smiled warmly.

They both gave a slight bow and left together.

Iomhe turned to Karla.

"Bes, let's go home please." She pleaded in a weak voice.

Karla nodded quietly.

"Lolo, I am fine. I swear!" For the nth time, Iomhe has been telling her lolo she is okay and there is nothing to worry about but he seemed not convinced.

"Why not come home for at least a week? Your client should understand." Lolo Joaquin insisted.

"The project will be done in a week lolo, huwag ka ngang OA." Iomhe is rolling her eyeballs now.

"Okay, Oo na, pero magpahinga ka ng maayus diyan Yu."

"Yes lolo, I will call you again soon. Bye. Love you." Iomhe ended the call without waiting or her lolo's response kasi baka rewind na naman sila. She smiled while moving her head side to side. She remembers the encounter she had with Erin back at the elevator. She sighed, it was not hallucinations. It was real. And Erin cleared a few blurry memories she had about the accident. Iomhe sighed again.

The damage brought by the quake to Yamato's building was minimal. She learned that Blake was indeed in the building when the quake hit. He was supposed to be meeting Yamato who invited him over after learning he was currently in Japan. He was the one who brought her to the hospital. He stayed the whole day till evening because she was not regaining her consciousness. According to Karla, he was hesitant to leave but the girl photographed with him came to pick him up. He left Karla his number so she could update him of her condition before reluctantly leaving. She of course managed to call him to report, much to Iomhe's discomfort.