Chapter 26: I Need You

Iomhe found herself wandering around the house after running off like a lunatic. She's currently pre occupied with her thoughts.

Hindi naman na kasi kailangan yung presence ko dun! Besides he's accusing me of things na nakakasama ng loob.

She sighed and headed to another glass door, little did she expect she is heading to an elaborate garden. She was astounded at how it was maintained. Greens and flowers everywhere...The pool is just near and there's a hammock , a wide one at the center with a tent that's stretched to wooden poles, shading it. She walked towards the hammock feeling tired and spent all of a sudden. She gathered the hem of her dress to her lap and sat.Inhaling deeply she adjusted herself and laid down closing her eyes. Flashbacks set in, like slides of memories.

"Just say you would always run to me if things don't seem right, that you'd allow me to explain if situations look terrible, just please say you'll listen to me and you'd allow me to hold you even if you'd feel you wanted to kill me..." he is eyeing her seriously.

"Hindi naman siguro aabot sa ganun, unless gagawa ka ng katarantaduhan." She smiled.

"There are times babe, that our fate is intertwined through past events we did not have any control of, basta...promise me..."

Iomhe lifted her left hand, her right hand grabbed Blake's left hand and intertwined both of their pinky fingers and said "I promise."

"Hmmnn, that was cute. How about let's seal that with a kiss." His mouth came crashing to hers.

Iomhe felt her chest get smashed little by little and she felt the tears.

How could he have known that things would get messy? If only I listened. If only I stood by what I promised.

Iomhe swallowed hard. Paano niya ipapaliwanag na pumunta siya ngayon para damayan siya. Paano niya aayusin ang paniniwala nito na nandito siya para masiguro na wala na talaga ang taong naging dahilan kung bakit nahirapan siyang mabuhay ng maayos. Iomhe exhaled sharply thinking how she seemingly punished him which is a terrible thing to do because all his life he has been living a difficult life too.And, that he was right. He lost people he loved as well but he continued and persisted.

"Can I join you?"

Blake's soft and cold voice interrupted all her thoughts, she felt like she couldn't move. She forced herself to look at his direction without getting up. His hands are in his pockets; he is looking somber and is gazing directly to her eyes. Iomhe found herself longing to hold this man, to tell him she's here for him too. She found herself nodding at him and watched a small twitch form on his lips.

Blake walked over to her side and she felt his weight beside her. Then she heard his shallow breathing and felt his warmth next to her skin. She moved closer to him and leaned her head to his shoulder. Blake took a deep breath with her movements and extended her arm, lifting her head so she could rest her head on the crook of his arm and he pulled her closer to him as he enveloped her with his other free arm. Iomhe reached out her left arm to the back of his neck and buried her face to his chest.

"I'm sorry." It came out as a whisper.

Blake stiffened but did not respond and pulled her closer instead seemingly wanting to absorb her to his system.

Iomhe felt the warmth radiating from him relaxing her thoughts, her doubts, her fears.

"Can you stay for now?"

Iomhe lifted her head and looked at him, his eyes were closed, and she saw how tired he is. She lifted her hand to his cheeks. He opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Kahit ngayon lang babe...kahit ngayon lang..." His eyes are pleading. "kung pwede sana pretend na okay tayo, na maayos tayo na...

His sentence was cut when Iomhe reached for his lips. Blake groaned and responded. He tilted her head by supporting the back of her neck. The kiss they are sharing right now is out of hunger, of longing. It is intense and passionate. They separated out of breath and Blake is still holding her.

"I'm here Blake, I'm staying." She assured him.

He smiled weakly and hugged her closer.

"Thank you babe...I just needed you now..."

"hussshhh.. I know...I know." Iomhe answered softly, swallowing the growing painful lump on her throat.

They stayed like that for a few minutes when Blake stirred beside her. Umuungol eto at pinagpapawisan.

God! He is having a bad dream!

Iomhe quickly got up and shook him gently.

Blake suddenly opened his eyes and stared at her, confused.

"You were having a bad dream." Iomhe gently told him.

Blake shook his head in disbelief and looked at her looking relieved.

"Thank you babe..."He smiled gently at her.

Iomhe felt her cheeks burn and she smiled shyly.

"How about coffee?" She offered.

"I'd be the one to get that babe, stay put." He smiled.

" No, let me..." Iomhe tried insisting.

"Babe, you're still a guest." Blake left her a small grin and turned his back towards the door.

Iomhe sighed. He just asked her to stay with him for now. He is still the most handsome man she has ever seen.

Hanggang kelan? Bakit for now lang? Hindi na ba pwedeng forever?Ambisyosa!