Chapter 29: U Turn

"Babe, wake up..."

Iomhe heard his hoarse voice and then felt warm kisses on her face. She smiled, still her eyes are closed.

"Hmmmnn.."

"Ganyan ka ba kapagod?" He joined her in bed, softly lifting her head to his chest.

"Ang kulit mu kaya..." She whispered.

Blake let out a laugh.

"Sorry na... but you need to get up, 8:30 na kaya, you need to eat."

Napabalikwas si Iomhe ng bangon.

"What!"

"Yep, actually quarter to 9 na so..."
"Sana pinilit mo ako ginising..." She pouted and went straight to the bathroom.

She heard him laugh again before she closed the door behind her.

She turned the shower on and decided to step into it habang malamig pa.

Gosh! I need to go now. Now that he seems to be fine, to be okay. Pag nagtagal pa na ganito baka masanay ako, baka ayoko na umalis pag nagkataon.

She stepped out of the bathroom with a robe when she heard him talking, his back against her. She did not want to eaves drop pero she couldn't help but to listen.

"Come on Alina, I know it is not easy. But you can't risk yourself there. The wedding is happening in three months' time. Paano pag may nangyari sa yo?

Alina?

She felt the familiar ache in her gut after hearing her name.

"You have to come home, marami pa tayo dapat asikasuhin. I got to fix my own mess in here."

Mess? Is he referring to me?

"Fine, I love you too. Take care."

I love you too?!

Iomhe dropped the brush she was holding after hearing Blake say those words. Blake was surprised and looked at her.

"Babe, you okay?" He walked to her and studied her face.

"You look pale. Dapat kasi hindi ka naligo agad."

Iomhe composed herself...

"I am fine... Nagugutom lang siguro ako." She forced a smile.

"Sabi ko na nga eh. Come on, dress up. I'll prepare the breakfast sa terrace ng room, join me there." He winked and stole a quick kiss to her lips.

Iomhe held her chest, parang pinipiga yun. Parang hindi siya makahinga.

He clearly said I love you back earlier to Alina on the phone. He never said I love you to her now that she is back with him. The only time she heard him say that was when they had the confrontation in her room. The day she rejected him.

"I... I love you." His hoarse voice jolted Iomhe.

"Please Blake, don't use love to get me into submitting to your desire of amicable settlement of what has been done. Your mother killed my dad and sister! And I intend to make her pay for it!"

Blake looked at her with further pain in his eyes.

"You don't believe me do you?"

Iomhe started to tremble. Memories are flooding her head.

"What if you wake up one day and realized I am not the one and decided to go on with your life? What if you are the one for me and I wasn't? What if I'd let you go now and regret it later?Do you think I could freaking live with that?"