04 | A long Night

A long Night

TW: Mental health difficulties, small violence.

Tuesday 16nth October, 1975

Elizabeth sighed a breath of relief as she pushed the door to Defence Against the Dark Arts open.

Being trapped in that room from ten to twelve had not been what she needed today. No one understood what Dumbledore was thinking, placing half of the Slytherin's with the Gryffindor's for two hours in multiple classes. He was all too aware of the house rivalry, especially with the war slaughtering lives beyond the walls of Hogwarts.

Mulciber Avery had been whispering ideas on how to kill each of the Marauders. To Elizabeth's luck, she had been seated on a bench with him. Evan had kicked him on several occasions during the class, Mulciber had thought that he was joking.

Mulciber also seemed to think that because Elizabeth had spent over a month isolating herself from her friends that she now wanted to plot their deaths in class. She'd kept her eyes forward and mouth shut, giving the odd hum of approval every now and then. At least if he was sharing his ideas she would know how to stop them.

"El!" James called, jogging after her with Sirius and Remus at his side.

Elizabeth sighed as she grinded to a halt, Mulciber elbowing her with a wide grin, Evan looking just as pleased as Elizabeth felt. Snape hovered behind Evan. "Yes?" She huffed, turning around.

Sirius frowned at her company, glancing between them. "Can we talk to you?"

"Alone," Remus clarified.

"And here I was under the impression that you had cut off all contact," Mulciber placed a hand over his heart, acting hurt.

"I have."

"El," James repeated, his forced smile trained solely on her.

"Not going to tell them of our plans, Ellie?" Mulciber smirked, raising a brow.

"What plans?" Remus snapped.

Mulciber turned to him. "And wouldn't you like to know." He reached to tap Remus' nose, but Remus reacted and gripped Mulciber's wrist.

"I'm not a fucking dog, Avery," Remus growled.

Sirius stared at Remus, smirking, and then turned back to Avery. "Pathetic, Avery. Honestly."

Mulciber snatched his wrist from Remus' grip and reached for his wand but Elizabeth quickly placed a gentle hand on his arm and shook her head. "Don't," she whispered, leaning in. "Remember your plans?"

Mulciber leaned back, smirking. "Sometimes I think I can read you, Selwyn, and then you show a whole new side to you that I have to learn."

"El!" James huffed, sounding angry.

"Getting impatient, Potter?" Severus asked, stepping forward at Evan's side.

James rolled his eyes. "Oh, shut up, Snivellus."

Mulciber choked on a laugh. "What a clever little nickname."

Elizabeth rolled her own eyes. "I'll meet you three in the Common Room."

"You're actually going with them?" Mulciber asked, surprised.

"Lets go," Evan wrapped an arm around Mulciber's shoulders and began walking away, Snape following. "Tell me about these plans you and El made?"

Elizabeth sent a grateful smile to Evan as he looked over his shoulder.

"What the fuck are these plans?" Remus snapped as Elizabeth turned back to them.