27 | Writings of Revelations

Writings of Revelations

TW: Mild talk of blood and death.

Thursday 12th August, 1976

Regulus opened his eyes. He's had a feeling for the past twenty four hours that something has happened, most definitely bad in times of war such as this. Regulus is waiting for it to explode in his face.

The Potter's were running around the kitchen, James and Fleamont laughing as they threw apples at each other and Marlene attempted to stop their antics to keep Effie sane. Sirius and Remus were sitting on chairs pulled together and their knees bumping under the table. Remus had the morning prophet closed on the table before him, he was sipping away at his morning tea before he dared to touch it.

"Sit down!" Marlene snaps, snatching the apple from Fleamont and pulling his chair out. "Effie is making pancakes and waffles. No playing with food in the kitchen."

"You're not my mum," James grumbles, pouting as he sits next to Regulus.

"But I am," Effie smirks, dropping the first two pancakes onto Marlene and Remus's plates. "She's a saint," she kisses Marlene's cheek before turning back to the stove and cooking another two.

James scoffs, rolling his eyes as he slumps further into his seat. Marlene wraps an arm around his shoulder and scruffs up his hair. "Have my pancake, James. You look as if you need it more."

James immediately lights up when Marlene drops the food onto his plate, he reaches for the lemon and cutlery. Regulus flinches as James suddenly moves next to him.

Sirius frowns across the table at his baby brother, finally leaving Remus alone as he reads the paper. "Are you ok, Reggie?"

"M'fine."

Euphemia hovers the pan above his plate, but he simply shakes his head. "I'm not hungry today, I think I'll stick with water until lunch. If that's alright?"

Euphemia pulls her face into a frown as well but nods anyway, dropping the pancake onto Sirius's plate and then the second onto her husbands.

"Sirius..." Remus whispers. The tone of his voice is what makes everyone in the room freeze.

"What?" He asks hesitantly, mouth full.

"What's happened?" Regulus prays to any gods that may be real that nothing has happened, that the intense feeling he's had for days isn't on the front page of the Daily Prophet.

Sirius delicately places his knife and fork to the glass plate and swallows his food. "What is it, Moony?"

Remus doesn't reply and instead passes the paper to Sirius. Everyone else in the kitchen remains silent, Marlene continues to eat James's pancake unknowingly as they wait to find out what's happened. On the cover of the Prophet there's three black and white moving photos; Orion, Alphard and Andromeda.

MAYHEM WITHIN THE BLACK FAMILY AND THE BETRAYAL OF ANDROMEDA BLACK!

Victims Alphard and Orion Black were found brutally ripped apart in the countryside of Wales. It is believed that this is the work of YOU-KNOW-WHO!

The two victims were found by muggle campers in the early hours of Tuesday morning, one body was even missing their left arm! Both bodies were found with slash marks across the chest, arms, legs and the face, dried blood and fresh blood covering the bodies.

Many sources believe that this is revenge for Alphard's niece's recent betrayal to the Black family. Was it an inside job?

Extremely reliable sources have revealed that Andromeda Black gathered members of the Black family, Lucius Malfoy, Rodolphus Lestrange - husbands of Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcissa Malfoy (née Black) - and the five British Selwyn's.