30 | New Beginnings: Sixth Year

New Beginnings, Sixth Year

Saturday 11nth September, 1976

Sirius was pacing back and forth. He's been doing this since before breakfast, the sun had only just risen before Sirius had thrown his robes on and woke his fellow Marauders up and they ran to McGonagall's office.

When McGonagall had first left her office, she'd sent them all back to bed and taken points away for being out before they were allowed to. James had then gone to get some breakfast and by the time he'd returned with Peter, Sirius was asleep on the floor.

Two hours later and Sirius was pacing again. It's three days after the full moon. James is on the floor with Mary and Lily, Peter's crouching trying to keep himself awake. Regulus and Elizabeth are leaning against the wall, watching with tired eyes as Sirius passes the office door again, grumbling to himself.

"Sirius," Lily sighs, covering her mouth as she yawns. "Sit down, would you? You're making me dizzy."

"Then don't look at me," he snaps in return.

"She's only trying to help, mate," James sighs.

Sirius stops pacing for a second, he glares at James and then resumes his pacing. "Shouldn't she be with Snape?" He grumbles coldly. "Planning new ways to disregard the life of my uncle?"

Lily rolls her eyes and slumps further down the wall, squeezing James' arm. "Leave him. He's upset."

Snape had been cornering Sirius since their return about the death of his uncle. Sometimes it would be just Snape and sometimes it would be Mulciber and Maxwell with him. They always made jokes about Alphard's death, Andromeda running away and the horrid nature of Werewolves.

Sirius made sure every conversation ended with a duel and Snape in the infirmary. He didn't care how many points he lost, he'd lost his favourite uncle.

"It's been so boring without Alice and Frank," Sirius huffs, spinning on his heel.

"You're the one who's been refusing to do any pranks until Moony gets back," Elizabeth cuts in.

"Don't you have a letter to write to Walburga?"

Elizabeth pushes herself off of the wall and glares ferociously at him. "That one doesn't even make sense."

Sirius throws his hands up defensively. "Maybe you're plotting ways to kill Andy and cover that up and not tell me. Maybe I'll read about her death in the paper too!"

"Don't even joke about that, Sirius," Mary scolds.

Sirius rolls his eyes, leaning against the opposite wall to everyone. "You should've told me."

"I was busy-"

"Training," he cuts in. "I know. You've said."

"I was dragged out of the room after Andy was disowned. Things were happening at Selwyn Manor and I couldn't-"

"You mean them punishing you for not stopping her?"

"Sirius!" Lily hissed.

"I didn't know about Alphard's death until after it had occurred. You can't blame me for it."

"I don't blame you for his death," Sirius looks Elizabeth in the eye. "I blame you for how I found out."

"It's not her fault, Padfoot," Peter interrupts. "I'm sure she would've, if she could have."

"When the ruddy hell is Moony getting here?" Sirius barks, kicking the wall in anger.

"I don't think that will speed anything along," Regulus whispers.