17

The two made their way to a small hidden bridge that had a thin stream of water flowing under it.

It was close to Gyuris house, but it was still secluded enough to give the duo the privacy that they craved.

"Sorry for not seeing you messages." Heeseung spoke. "I wanted to meet you quickly. We're preparing for a comeback, so I probably won't be able to even message you for the next month or so."

Gyuri knew that Heeseungs job was extremely taxing and time consuming, but until then, she had never thought about how their relationship may be effected by it.

"I guess that makes sense. You can't really help it, can you."

Heeseung nod his head appreciatively, happy to know that Gyuri wasn't going to be sad over their loss of contact.

Little did he know...

The two stood on the bridge in silence, Heeseungs head was still thinking about Gyuris family while Gyuri was thinking about what Heeseungs reaction would look like once he found out.

"You can say it, I know what you're thinking" the girl spoke, smiling playfully as she looked at the boy beside her.

Heeseung was caught off guard for a moment, when did he become so easy to read?

"I don't wanna seem offensive in any way, I was just thinking about how different you look from your family. Did you maybe get your grandmother's looks or something?"

Gyuri chuckled at the boys innocent perception. "Nothing like that. I'm adopted."

Heeseung froze. Being hit with such big news like this, how are you supposed to react? What are you supposed to say?

"Oh."

"It's actually another reason I got bullied back then."

"Ohhhh" Heeseung was suddenly reminded of a memory that had resurfaced from the darkest crevices of his brain.

"-bins your older brother? No way, he's so hot. And you're...not." the girl spoke in utter disgust

Heeseung didn't mean to eavesdrop, but the bullies were being extremely loud today. Must be because they thought the school was empty by now.

"Don't be mean to her, or else she'll go crying about us to her mum." The boy fakingly worried over the girl, Heeseung now knew that she was Gyuri. "Oh wait, she has no parents. Poor baby wasn't wanted by them" he laughed excrutitaingly loudly.

"This is just too good. She can be our dumb little dog, atleast we want her, right baby?"

Heeseung was about to step in, despite knowing that doing so would only worsen his fate.

But a teacher just had to come at the wrong time.

"What are you kids still doing here? Go home, shoo!" He told of the three kids, being weirdly oblivious as to what was going on.

"Yes sir." The three chimed in time.

The teacher walked off rather quickly and Heeseung was able to come out of his hiding spot, ready to defend the random girl.

But it was too late. All he caught a sight of was the girls brown hair swishing in the air as she ran the opposite direction from the bullies.

"Whoever she is, I hope she's ok."

"So you're the girl from back then..." It all made sense now

Gyuri nod her head in confirmation.

The two still stood on the bridge, watching the afternoon sun set in all its glory.

Gyuri felt like it was the right time to do so, and hugged Heeseung. Heeseung froze for a second, not knowing what was going on. Finally, he mustered up the courage to bring his arms around the girl and hold her close.

He didn't care if somehow there was a reporter around, taking photos of the two.

(There were luckily)

"I'm glad I met you." Gyuri whispered.

Wow. Why was Heeseungs heart beating a little too fast? And his face felt hot. Actually, his whole body felt hot. Was he getting a fever?

"It's kinda warm today, isn't it?" He spoke once they pulled apart.

Gyuri looked at the boy weridly. "It's almost winter..."

Heeseung shrugged off his feeling and continued to speak.

"I think my health's failing me, my heart is like palpitating..."

Gyuris eyes widened in worry. "Call your manager! Don't just stand there, you have to be in good shape for your comeback!"

After alot of arguing and useless defending, Heeseung finally caved and called his manager at the girls request, despite that fact that today was the only day he would get to see Gyuri for a long time, and that he wanted to stay with her til he was absolutely forced to go home.

To be honestly, Heeseung and actually planned to stay with Gyuri until the sun rose, then he planned to go straight to the company with no rest.

Because Gyuri was more important to him

Miserably, the boy thought of his failed ambitions as he got into the company van a while later and stared at Gyuri.

"I'll see you soon, ok?"

Gyuri nod. "Obviously. Take care of yourself Lee, or I'll haunt you."

With a final smile, the friends waved goodbye to eachother for one last time.